Join for free
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 03:06 PM

Hob covers.

Anybody out there know where I can purchase a metal Hob cover.

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase a hob cover. In my home in Spain I had a beautiful patterned one and it made the kitchen look so much tidier. I have tried various places on the internet even just tried the Boots connection but no bugger seems to sell them. At present I have 2 glass worktop shelves on my hob but they tend to slide about a lot because the plastic legs are to short.
If anyone knows where I can purchase a hob cover I would appreciate the info.

Thanks.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 04:50 PM

Re: Hob covers.

Amazon do a couple ......
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_2f0xqv206j_b
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 04:51 PM

And Argos do one .....
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/8428141.htm
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 05:22 PM

Hi Patsy yes I have looked at them, even phoned up the customer service on that Boots connection and they gave me a couple of connections but I still cannot see what I want. I want a complete cover but not an industrial stainless steel one like below. I have even tried to contact Tien21 in Spain hoping that I could order online but my Spanish is pretty awful these days..

Has you can see it has to cover the complete hob and I want it in a colour that will go with my kitchen worktop which is black marble.
Seems weird to me that there isn't a market for this kind of hobcover only the individual little ones.
Nevermind I will keep looking by the time I actually find what I want madam will probably want a new kitchen colouring then it will be back to searching..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2014, 05:27 PM

She's just like me - do like things to match !
Its bloomin frustrating when you cant see what you want, been there many times .........
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 07:18 PM

Not sure if these are looking for but have a gander.

http://www.designal.co.uk/
longfellow
Chatterbox

19-12-2014, 07:25 PM

Gabi this looks like the right one gotta get my tape measure out now. Looking at the price they have doubled since I last bought one some 9yrs ago 21 euros big jump but at least I will be happy with the outcome.
Thanks.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2014, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Not sure if these are looking for but have a gander.

http://www.designal.co.uk/
Well done gal !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top