Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 04:21 PM

Why do the DVLA give out our details!

To car park companies?

Just watched this on bbc news and they said the DVLA give out our names and addresses to private car park companies! WHAT!?!

When did this start happening/be allowed!?
chelsea
New Member!
kent
chelsea is female 

10-01-2010, 09:04 PM

Re: Why do the DVLA give out our details!

Not sure when it started but i dont think its right dont agree with private car parks either they put small signs up telling you what and not to do and if your unluckly like i was and dont see the rules DVLA kindly give your name and address like you said then you get a £45 fine on your mat lol lol
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 10:57 PM

Criminals could easily pose as 'park attendants' and get the address of any cars they fancy or have on 'order' !!! Think it's terrible the DVLA giving out this info - I wonder if they make money out of it!
chelsea
New Member!
kent
chelsea is female 

10-01-2010, 11:51 PM

Most things these days are about money so yes it would,nt surprise me
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 12:49 AM

I did not know they were allowed to do that!nothing is private nowadays!!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 03:09 PM

This could be a breach of the privacy laws, . . if you complain to the police regarding damage done to your car by another vehicle and you have that vehicles reg number, . . the police are not allowed to give you the owners address of the other vehicle.

It's crazy IMO, . . because you cannot trace the other person you may have to fork out hundreds of pounds for repairs to your car.
If you could trace the other driver and inspect his/hers vehicle for damage you'd have a clear case for a claim.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
This could be a breach of the privacy laws, . . if you complain to the police regarding damage done to your car by another vehicle and you have that vehicles reg number, . . the police are not allowed to give you the owners address of the other vehicle.

No but the DVLA will if you are pursuing a civil case against the other driver.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
No but the DVLA will if you are pursuing a civil case against the other driver.
So common justice has went down the toilet in the UK like everything else.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top