Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 10:08 PM

Christmas Cards.

I get so disappointed with the Christmas cards I receive each year. They are getting smaller and smaller. Surely with the high cost of the price of a stamp it would be worth buying nicer cards to send. I spend an awful lot of time making and buying pretty cards to send to my family and friends only to receive little tiny ones. If they find it too expensive to pay about £4.00 for 10 cards then why do they bother to buy the stamp to send it.
Sorry I am having a moan but I use to love receiving cards. Not anymore.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 10:13 PM

Re: Christmas Cards.

I think it's the thought that counts not the size!
Mila
Lincoln, UK
Mila is female 

15-12-2014, 10:19 PM

I receive few cards and send none. I am on a low income and save my pennies for the pressies and for those I don't buy a present for, well they get a nice verbal merry christmas from me
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
I get so disappointed with the Christmas cards I receive each year. They are getting smaller and smaller. Surely with the high cost of the price of a stamp it would be worth buying nicer cards to send. I spend an awful lot of time making and buying pretty cards to send to my family and friends only to receive little tiny ones. If they find it too expensive to pay about £4.00 for 10 cards then why do they bother to buy the stamp to send it.
Sorry I am having a moan but I use to love receiving cards. Not anymore.
How funny you should post about the size,i received a very small Christmas card and it was not much bigger than the stamp ,while i was pleased to be remembered ,i would not have bothered sending it ,,But to top it all i received the exact same card again today from the same friend who must have forgot sending the first .
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 10:55 PM

I've been dancing today to our usual venue and have been given 28 cards from from people we see at least twice a week ! My response is ... I don't do cards ! It would be better if a collection was made for a charity as they did at a venue we used to go to and they often raised up to £70
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I've been dancing today to our usual venue and have been given 28 cards from from people we see at least twice a week ! My response is ... I don't do cards ! It would be better if a collection was made for a charity as they did at a venue we used to go to and they often raised up to £70
You could always host and print a Christmas party invitation for say an afternoon drinks party and ask your guests for a donation! That would at least illustrate to others your intentions and why you don't bother to recognise your friends with a card!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2014, 08:31 AM

I do send Christmas cards to friends ...
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2014, 08:35 AM

The cost of sending cards by post to family and friends who live overseas is so expensive I now send e-cards instead. A 2 year subscription only costs £12 and I can send as many as I like.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2014, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
The cost of sending cards by post to family and friends who live overseas is so expensive I now send e-cards instead. A 2 year subscription only costs £12 and I can send as many as I like.
I agree with this, but can't find any e-cards which appeal. I have a pretty good card in an excel spreadsheet, but lots of people can't open that. Jacqui Lawson cards are magical for the first few times you see them............... Any recommendations?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2014, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
I agree and as you don't pay per card I find myself sending far more than I would if I had to buy them individually. Mind there are some free e card sites too which aren't bad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top