Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 09:10 AM

Assuming you use soap...

...and its a bar rather than the liquid sort. When its wearing rather thin, do you
A. Throw it away and start another bar?
B. Stick with it to the bitter end and use it all before opening another?
or C. Like me, and open another bar and stick that really skinny remaining sliver to the new bar and get real value?
Mean? Me? No just watching the pennies!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 09:21 AM

Re: Assuming you use soap...

I don"t like bars of soap , however, Mr A does so when the bar is getting to the end I change it for a fresh one. The fragrance seems to fade at the end .
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 09:33 AM

See what I mean? Just like mustard...so much wastage!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 09:36 AM

Quite right , the mustard that is left on the side of the plate is what made Colman"s their fortune.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 09:36 AM

I use shower gel mostly, but do like a nice bar of soap now and again. Always end up chucking it away though if it gets dry and cracked
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 09:42 AM

not so much about what to do with worn out bars of soap in my case, more a question of how you catch it in a bath full of water. Slippery buggers thems are
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 09:54 AM

You didn't mention where you have your soap?
So in the kitchen I have liquid soap and for the bathroom
sink. Anti-bacterial. Then I have bar of soap for my bath
I throw it away when it gets thin. Cant use shower gels as
I would come out in a rash so have to be careful with soap
Normally use Palmolive as it is not very scented.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
...and its a bar rather than the liquid sort. When its wearing rather thin, do you
A. Throw it away and start another bar?
B. Stick with it to the bitter end and use it all before opening another?
or C. Like me, and open another bar and stick that really skinny remaining sliver to the new bar and get real value?
Mean? Me? No just watching the pennies!
I have always stuck the old bar to the new one, never thought there was any other way. Certainly not to save money, let's face it you get 8 bars for about $2.50 (£1.25). what is there to save?

All my kids use these gels and liquids I hate them, most it gets washed away before you can rub it on.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 10:26 AM

Only use a bar of soap in the bath and has to be Pears but the fragrance has changed a bit since I first started using it years ago. I throw it away when it's too thin to use.
Liquid soap everywhere else.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 10:33 AM

The only soap with scent I use very occasionally is Coal Tar Soap I really like the smell of that but only buy it about once a year just for a change.

One tablet cost the same as the packet of 8 pure soaps.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top