Join for free
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 08:54 AM

Has your pets face ever made you money?

I had to laugh yesterday at a story about a face that has made millions of pounds.
Don't know if you have heard of a internet sensation called
Grumpy Cat?

This cat is owned by a lady in Arizona and it has a face
that makes her look grumpy. So the owner posted it online
and with the adverts that companies put on the site, earned enough in the first 2 days for her to finish her job as a waitress. The cats image has been online for about 2 years now and in that time it has earned the owner - wait for it - £64million. Yes I did say £64m. I thought I might put a photo of me when I wake up in the
morning online but I doubt if that would earn me 64p. lol.
What do you think of your cat. I love mine but apart from my poor BabyBob who died in June his brother Tiger and sister Rio would not take a big prize like that.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 08:56 AM

Re: Has your pets face ever made you money?

I think I may have saw that cat on Facebook posts and it definitely does look grumpy. Wee soul
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 09:22 AM

Used to do advertising with our dogs example this was our Muffin an Afghan hound.

We did mainly stills some of which were for Brother Computers and Saab cars to name but 2. Did a lot of fashion stuff as we had white Afghan hounds and an agent just around the corner from where we lived at the time
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Used to do advertising with our dogs example this was our Muffin an Afghan hound.

We did mainly stills some of which were for Brother Computers and Saab cars to name but 2. Did a lot of fashion stuff as we had white Afghan hounds and an agent just around the corner from where we lived at the time
What a lovely dog. Thanks for sharing
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 09:56 AM

Alace we had many Afghan hounds over the years, usually 3 or 4 at any one time. One shoot we went on was at "The INN on the Park" hotel (dead posh it was). The advertising agency had hired a suite for a weekend. AS we entered the foyer Olivier Newton John had just come back from her investiture with the Queen "OBE or something". We walked in with 2 white Afghans and the press pounced asking if we would mind if she had photos taken with out dogs. Well would you say no? it got into the national press at the time.

Anyway I have never ever seen so much money thrown about. Not only the cost of the Suite but paying us and our agent -the set director- the makeup artist - the clothes for the model -the hair stylist -the camera man, then they wanted an umbrella so hire one from Harrods. All that not including all the revelent booking agents. offered us something to eat, no not you ham sandwich type thing with a glass of water, oh no ,more like cavier on silly wafers and champagne type of stuff.

My guess a lot of it was a tax dodge by the company, who by the way were trying to advertise eye makeup, claiming advertising expenses

And yes we were well paid as well
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 09:57 AM

That's fabulous. Lovely dog. Good job the lady took her shoes
off as she nearly trod on your baby
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-12-2014, 10:01 AM

I did not think i had kept a copy of that advert, but as luck would have it I recorded it on tape. So used my camcorder set up in front of the tele and recorded it that way to digital format . That is why it jerks a bit but at least it preserved the advert

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top