Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 10:44 PM

vanished

Since I've joined I've saw a few people vanish. Some feisty people who had an opinion, but I enjoyed hearing it. In some cases I know why they left. It's sad when feisty interesting people leave. Means the same people post over and over again. Hope they return sometime soon
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 10:49 PM

Re: vanished

**People are free to come and go and post or not as they choose. It is best that we do not discuss absent members, it can result in discussing banned members who are not able to respond.

Thank you .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
People are free to come and go and post or not as they choose. It is best that we do not discuss absent members, it can result in discussing banned members who are not here to respond.

Thank you .
I haven't mentioned any names Meg. It could be anyone
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 11:11 PM

Yes, there seems to be some confusion over folks who leave, and those who are banned, many are absent without the ultimate sanction.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 06:05 AM

What exactly do you mean by "feisty" Alice........ argumentative ?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
What exactly do you mean by "feisty" Alice........crude and argumentative ?
I would have thought feisty in this context means spirited and willing to fight your corner. As for argumentative, isn't that what debate is all about, arguing your case and point of view? Not sure why crude should be implied by feisty though...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I would have thought feisty in this context means spirited and willing to fight your corner. As for argumentative, isn't that what debate is all about, arguing your case and point of view? Not sure why crude should be implied by feisty though...
You're right Barry, I've edited out the word "crude".
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

09-12-2014, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I'm confused.com as well Barry
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

09-12-2014, 08:38 AM

No, I didn't mean crude or argumentative. I think I mean free spirits. I was always interested in what they had to say. Sometimes they can enhance a forum. Anyway, just wondered
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 08:49 AM

Forgive me for saying but, whilst agreeing with the fact people (or names) come and go, Imo, not a lot of this has happened in recent times, most of this activity predates June of this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top