Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 11:04 PM

Anyone for hot water bottles?

I dug out my old hot water bottle from the shed for tonight when it’s expected to be 4 or 5 below. It’s a 1642 old Fulham No.2 model, very rare I’m told, the man who sold it to me in the pub told me King Charles the first warmed his bum on it once when he paid a visit to Dublin Castle. Only problem is the cap is missing but as luck would have it I found an old plastic stopper in the shed that fits quite nicely and I’ve dusted it down and cleaned it all up. Now I’m going to show it to the wife, won’t she be thrilled to have such an historical piece in her bed!
She’ll be delighted to hear that the Fulham mark 2 keeps hot all night long, well so the man in the pub told me, can you show me a new one that can do that today?
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2014, 11:32 PM

Re: Anyone for hot water bottles?

Can't wait to hear what SWMBO thinks of it...........................
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 12:19 AM

I can remember having a stone hot water bottle it was fine until the middle of the night when it went cold then it was horrid
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 08:30 AM

Just wait till your wife stubs her toe on it Jem, she might be removing more than one historical piece from your bed.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 08:40 AM

When I lived in Hampshire, my local (The Farmer) was opposite what used to be the blacksmith's forge. The story was told that the last working blacksmith (described as one of the great unwashed) used to take a stone hot water bottle over to the pub and have it filled with ale. After a few jars, he went back and heated the ale on the forge and poured it back into the bottle. He then used this to heat his bed.
In the morning, it was cold, so he drank this for his breakfast!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 08:54 AM

I like a hot water bottle but it's in a nice soft fluffy cover, can't imagine waking up next to that piece of kit in the night at least my fluffy bottle stays snuggly even after it goes cooler.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Linden Tree ->
Just wait till your wife stubs her toe on it Jem, she might be removing more than one historical piece from your bed.

Just what I was going to say Linden Tree, she'd be spoilt for choice with 2 historical pieces in her bed. (sorry Jem).
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 12:04 PM

I have a lovely historical hot water bottle and he stays a steady temperature all night long.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I have a lovely historical hot water bottle and he stays a steady temperature all night long.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2014, 12:25 PM

Oh my word what a contraption.

Im with you Julie give me a fluffy hot water bottle any day. Unless of course its one of the nights my hubby is not working

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top