Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 11:12 PM

Decorations

For Christmas. A friend was round this morning and she asked when I would put up my decorations. I replied `not this year,same as last year`

I`m no Scrooge but do other `singles` make a thing of it?

I see no point with no family to be around -it`s just another day. Not that I will feel especially lonely so please do not get worried about me.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 11:17 PM

Re: Decorations

I've put up a small tree and a Happy Christmas illuminated sign in my window, decorated my fireplace which looks nice but nothing that's taken up too much time nor energy, Christmas isn't the same without my mum who loved it!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 11:24 PM

No ... I can't be bothered !
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 11:34 PM

you could just hang up your shiny dancing shoes for effect
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 11:42 PM

And my glittery tops/dresses/skirt//jewellery ....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
For Christmas. A friend was round this morning and she asked when I would put up my decorations. I replied `not this year,same as last year`

I`m no Scrooge but do other `singles` make a thing of it?
I see no point with no family to be around -it`s just another day. Not that I will feel especially lonely so please do not get worried about me.

I imagine there are alot of 'singles' who feel like that OG, that's why I was pleasantly surprised at Nom saying the opposite the other day.
Maybe it shouldn't just be for 'family' ? Even us singles can still be cheered up by making even a small effort to ensure it's not 'just another day' after all, do you think?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 11:45 PM

I don't bother with decorations either Stephan.

It just occurred to me tonight, that now I have got rid of the bookcase and dresser there is nowhere to put the Christmas cards
I guess I could hang them on the wall but I don't want to mark the fresh paintwork .
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 11:51 PM

Well yes. I have a friend(the same one who made the comment).She is a single parent with even now one 13 year old daughter(others grown and flown). I would be happy to share Christmas day with them-I just don`t want to give her the wrong impression. I`m content with my life-----folks will know what I mean
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

06-12-2014, 11:53 PM

Meg - love it.

Another issue to be resolved with downsizing
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

06-12-2014, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't bother with decorations either Stephan.

It just occurred to me tonight, that now I have got rid of the bookcase and dresser there is nowhere to put the Christmas cards
I guess I could hang them on the wall but I don't want to mark the fresh paintwork .
Meg you can buy those cardboard decorative card holders that you can just pin to a wall, I've used one for years as it keeps them all in place

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top