Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 01:05 PM

not a good first impression

Yesterday I placed an order for a new pair of walking shoes costing £80 , ones I find are comfortable and had before.
So I placed an order with New Forest Footwear Company as the on the internet claimed to have in stock which may other didn't have. Ok got an email saying not in stock until 16 December which was fine by me as I am prepared to wait. So sent back an email to that affect.
Then tried phoning them to confirm the email and it took an hour to get through as the phone was constantly engaged.

Not a very good impression as the phone is a lifeline for any business. eventually got to talk to someone who said his collegue was dealing with another customer! EH for an hour, I don't think so. I do hate it when people lie to make an excuse.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 01:51 PM

Re: not a good first impression

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Yesterday I placed an order for a new pair of walking shoes costing £80 , ones I find are comfortable and had before.
So I placed an order with New Forest Footwear Company as the on the internet claimed to have in stock which may other didn't have. Ok got an email saying not in stock until 16 December which was fine by me as I am prepared to wait. So sent back an email to that affect.
Then tried phoning them to confirm the email and it took an hour to get through as the phone was constantly engaged.

Not a very good impression as the phone is a lifeline for any business. eventually got to talk to someone who said his collegue was dealing with another customer! EH for an hour, I don't think so. I do hate it when people lie to make an excuse.

So do I
Why did you have to phone though, surely the Email was sufficient ........
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 02:21 PM

I don't trust emails Patsy,, just to let them know there is a human on the other end not a machine.
If the order was being processed ok but when advertised as in stock and its not then it is a different matter.

The big problem is the human one, if companies use the internet to sell their goods then they should make sure they actually have the goods or specify temp out of stock.

I just can't understand companies that use the internet and totally fail to keep it up to date. To me that shows lack of care and a sloppy business. After all it is not rocket science to go onto a computer as soon as all stock is sold and post the same.

When I ran my own business for 21 years (boarding kennels) the very first thing was the telephone. Prompt answering creates a good impression and it is actually the first 10 seconds that gets the business or not. I lost count of the number of times my clients said to me after booking and animal collection, they came to us because of the friendly impression in those first vital seconds.
When we took over the business we only had about 350 clients on the books, when we sold we had just under 5000 clients on the books, not bad for a small catchment area of about 15 miles from the kennels.

Trouble is so many don't have a clue about how to create a good impression, something business schools don't teach or how to interact to get customers.
Just one other thing, when I do get good service I like to ring the company and just say thank you. It really suprises them someone would actually take the trouble to do so, but believe me it does make them think the job is worthwhile and give a boost to whoever you talk to for the rest of the day.

How many times does one go out to a pub for a meal and if liked asked the waitress to thank the chef? not many I bet but i am sure the chefs appreciate it.

I little politeness goes a long way, bad service complain, good service congratulate.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 03:21 PM

I don't trust emails Patsy,, just to let them know there is a human on the other end not a machine.
If the order was being processed ok but when advertised as in stock and its not then it is a different matter.

The big problem is the human one, if companies use the internet to sell their goods then they should make sure they actually have the goods or specify temp out of stock.

I just can't understand companies that use the internet and totally fail to keep it up to date. To me that shows lack of care and a sloppy business. After all it is not rocket science to go onto a computer as soon as all stock is sold and post the same.

When I ran my own business for 21 years (boarding kennels) the very first thing was the telephone. Prompt answering creates a good impression and it is actually the first 10 seconds that gets the business or not. I lost count of the number of times my clients said to me after booking and animal collection, they came to us because of the friendly impression in those first vital seconds.
When we took over the business we only had about 350 clients on the books, when we sold we had just under 5000 clients on the books, not bad for a small catchment area of about 15 miles from the kennels.

Trouble is so many don't have a clue about how to create a good impression, something business schools don't teach or how to interact to get customers.
Just one other thing, when I do get good service I like to ring the company and just say thank you. It really suprises them someone would actually take the trouble to do so, but believe me it does make them think the job is worthwhile and give a boost to whoever you talk to for the rest of the day.

How many times does one go out to a pub for a meal and if liked asked the waitress to thank the chef? not many I bet but i am sure the chefs appreciate it.

I little politeness goes a long way, bad service complain, good service congratulate.
I agree fully with that post. A lot of good points are made.

I was in a pub a while ago, and did it the other way round. I asked the chef to thank the waiter...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 04:13 PM

Yep - agree with your post - so right !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top