Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 08:02 AM

Silvery Saturday

Mornin all, . . we have a heat wave here, . . yay! it's only -4 . . . I'll go and turn down the boiler,

The winter heating payments to the elderly and those on benefits will not meet the individual's requirements this year that's for sure, . . it's a case of "eat or heat" for some poor souls, . . it's been decades since we've had a winter like this.

Anyways, . . have a safe one oFFers, . . remember to put on the crampons when shopping.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 08:49 AM

Re: Silvery Saturday

Moning Nero -I wonder if Dinahsmum is enjoying better weather where she is ...?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 10:35 AM

Mornin' Nero and everyone

Originally Posted by nero ->
. . remember to put on the crampons when shopping.
Or the beer bottle tops

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...6706#post36706
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 10:45 AM

Morning Denis and All Snowed here again during the night - the gritters were out yesterday but now needs gritting again!

Minus 4 as well here but doesn't feel cold - mind you my heating is up full in the living room (only place I have heating on and one in the hall is on all the time, can't switch that one off!) It is nearly 80 degrees in here as I keep it warm for the parrots! I am melting Poor Loki is lying down on the kitchenette floor as it is lovely and cool for her!

Hope everyone will have a lovely day and stay warm and safe

Take care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chr1st1an ->
Unfortunately DM has cancelled her holiday and returned home due to the weather and airport problems Such a shame when she has spent months looking forward to the holiday...
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 11:30 AM

Morning all

Its lovely and sunny here but still 18" snow. I am starting to worry that we will run out of food before the thaw, it's too far to walk to the shops.

The birds are congregated outside of my window looking in, we are feeding them what we can but a bird of prey has spotted them and has swooped in on them, they are all suffering.

I lost most of my tropical fish, it was very sad as we have had them a long time.

Fingers crossed we don't get blizzard conditions tomorrow as forecast.

The country park where I work is closed until further notice, at least I don't have to worry about that!

Have a good day all and stay safe.
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 11:42 AM

Morning.....have blizzards here on & off, looking online at travel on roads seems Deal/Sandwich have lots more snow, so that is poss on the way here.
No way am I taking the Dogs out, pavements are lethal. Looked at 5 days forecast, poss improvement on Wednesday! I hope so as my food supplies running low - although Dogs have plenty!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 11:51 AM

Hello moetmum - I'm sorry to hear about you losing the fish. Was that due to a power cut?

I was born and raised in the north part of Hampshire and may know the country park you mean and visited there a few times. I hope you don't get too much more snow. I think the bulk of it is expected east of Hampshire.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Chr1st1an ->
Well Jim - It's bright and sunny but about 0C, I think
The flight never took off, or at least hadn't by the time we called it a day about 26 hours after it was due, with no prospect of it going and no arangements made for us for overnight.

Ho hum. If that's the worst thing that happens to me this year then I guess I am luckier than 99% of the world's population.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 12:25 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your plight D-M. You can come and sit under my 'blue light' if you want

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top