Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 10:10 PM

Cinderella, yet again!

There must be something about me (though I'm hoping the Manchester group will beg to differ) that makes companions 'ignore' me.

Just got home from what I'd hoped to be a very good evening at the Council's Christmas dinner, and the two other ladies (we were on a round table and I was at the end of us 3), spent the majority of the evening talking just to each other! If either of them had anything to say, it was to the other, never to me. I wouldn't mind, but as I was the one who booked this, feel it was a kick in the teeth.

And the one next to me was damn rude during bingo, the caller went on to a new page (after a line only), and she said 'you should listen'. I took great exception to that.

Even the lady who sat next to them hardly offered me eye contact when talking. The only friendly person was someone from the council who was on our table.

We started off with a pantomime member singing a few songs, then some bloke murdering old classics (Sinatra etc), turkey dinner, then bingo. My companion won a line, she chose a small box of Celebrations. Pud and sauce or fruit salad. Wine, fruit juice and water on the table, crackers. Tea or coffee.

Also we had a piece of paper where we had to identify celebrities, work out an anagram, then as a tie breaker question, work out how many meals the council had provided. The question was on the envelope.

The council worker spoke to one of her colleagues because the question was ambiguous, and she gave her figures to calculate between (1000 to 1100).

We chose 1045, the answer was 1063, so our table won! What did we all get? A small box of Celebrations.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 10:32 PM

Re: Cinderella, yet again!

Sounds to me like the council did a good job looking after yez and providing 1,063 meals Jazzi, was that one meal each for 1,063 people?, what about afters?.
Pity some of the others were so rude, but some folks you just can’t take anywhere. Very considerate of the council to weight watch you by only giving you a small box of celebrations. You must have enjoyed it a bit because you’re laughing at the end.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 10:45 PM

Hi Jem, yeah, you gotta laugh! These are my friends from the allotment. Shan't invite them again.

The council did 4 sessions this year, so it's the total of places booked.

Good job I love Celebrations. AND the bloke I help at computer class at the library gave me exactly the same today! So I also have 2 boxes, all to myself. And the married couple gave me what looks like a large tin of biscuits, also as a thank you gift. (Yes, we're still talking about the class.)
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 01:02 AM

In my self-appointed unofficial capacity as spokesperson for the Manchester Club () and having met Jazzi on our meet up in Manchester, I hereby declare that she is a very sociable person and it was a pleasure to meet her and have her as a member of our Club.

( how's that for a personal reference Jazzi ?)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
In my self-appointed unofficial capacity as spokesperson for the Manchester Club () and having met Jazzi on our meet up in Manchester, I hereby declare that she is a very sociable person and it was a pleasure to meet her and have her as a member of our Club.

( how's that for a personal reference Jazzi ?)
You can't get a better reference than that Jazzi . Och those two women sound as though they were probably trying to outdo each other in the gabby stakes. Rude and not who you'd probably sit with again. The rest sounds fun . Don't let those two affect your mood. They're not worth it
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

03-12-2014, 09:26 AM

Thank you myrtle, an excellent reference indeed!

And thank you too alice. No, they're not worth it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 11:01 AM

Some people can be so rude and their loss if they didn't take the opportunity to chat to you Jazzi, they missed out on a chance to meet an interesting and funny person.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Some people can be so rude and their loss if they didn't take the opportunity to chat to you Jazzi, they missed out on a chance to meet an interesting and funny person.
Much like living here really - take no notice gal we love ya
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 11:07 AM

I've found in the past, the more you do for folk the more you they expect and the less thankful they are. When I was a member of the local Art group, I did all the posters etc. arranged models, put the tables & chairs (with my wrist splints on) out and loads more. One morning I was late and someone commented, "The people who put the tables out haven't done it!" it was supposed to be "us" who took it in turns. When I decided to quit the committee, where I was the only person who didn't get free fees, despite being the least well off, they sent round a bottle of wine, despite it being well known that I don't drink, it was left over from a raffle!
Nothing people do surprises me! Rise above it Jazzi, they're probably jealous.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 11:13 AM

It 'IS' like living here !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top