Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 05:56 PM

A good clear out

I've cleared out my kitchen cupboards this afternoon. Boy, did they need it. I decided to chuck things away that I haven't use since goodness knows when. Things from my "married" years. Why did I keep those hellish looking bowls? Umpteen flasks? Cutlery if I was having 50 people for a three course dinner? The feeling of complete abandonment of these items has made me feel much better. I cannot live in clutter. Why did I bring them to this place with me? It'll be the upstairs cupboards next. Funny to start your Spring cleaning on 30th November
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 05:58 PM

Re: A good clear out

Just done the same thing Alice along with most of my furniture my house is very minimalist now
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Just done the same thing Alice along with most of my furniture my house is very minimalist now
That's what I want to aim for Meg! Well done you
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 05:59 PM

It is a truly great feeling to clear out and get rid of stuff.

susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 06:02 PM

Funny you say that Alice, I did the same thing, I filled up 3 bags of Ornaments and kitchen stuff which is not needed any more and 2 bags of clothes, and tomorrow morning I am taking them down to the Charity shop.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
That's what I want to aim for Meg! Well done you
My son peered into the sitting room with a look of horror on his face and asked what I was going to do with all that space
I told him when the new carpet finally arrives (oatmeal coloured wool ) I will have room to roll on it with the dog
....he left rather hastily
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

30-11-2014, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My son peered into the sitting room with a look of horror on his face and asked what I was going to do with all that space
I told him when the new carpet finally arrives (oatmeal coloured wool ) I will have room to roll on it with the dog
....he left rather hastily
lol. So much easier to keep tidy too Meg
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

30-11-2014, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Funny you say that Alice, I did the same thing, I filled up 3 bags of Ornaments and kitchen stuff which is not needed any more and 2 bags of clothes, and tomorrow morning I am taking them down to the Charity shop.
Must be something in the air Susie! It does make you feel so good though.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 06:43 PM

I had every intention to clear my bedroom of books I've not looked at for an age this morning .I brought a box in from the garage ,thats as far as i got ,I took the box back to the garage before it was dark !
Im also going to clear my wardrobe of coats ,and shoes some I've not worn and will never go anywhere suitable.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

30-11-2014, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I had every intention to clear my bedroom of books I've not looked at for an age this morning .I brought a box in from the garage ,thats as far as i got ,I took the box back to the garage before it was dark !
Im also going to clear my wardrobe of coats ,and shoes some I've not worn and will never go anywhere suitable.
Eliza I think we hold on to so many possessions that we think we'll get use of again. Trouble is, it never happens.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top