Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 05:48 PM

high heels

At my Christmas party night last night I wore a cobalt blue top, with cobalt blue suede high heels. Oh my goodness. I haven't worn heels in a long, long time. Me feet were killin' me I had to take the shoes off eventually as I couldn't bear it any longer. I went downstairs to get my partner who was picking me up. Shoes were off. A camp guy walked passed and said "look at that wee soul with her bare feet"! I said "I've got shoes, I'm just in bloomin agony!".

It's definitely comfort for me these days. No high heels, it's comfortable flatties, or tiny heels.

Is it just me?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 05:51 PM

Re: high heels

I would think you looked very nice Alice

I haven't worn high heels for about 40 years ...
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would think you looked very nice Alice

I haven't worn high heels for about 40 years ...
Thank goodness it's not just me Meg
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Thank goodness it's not just me Meg
Some yeras ago I had my big toe joint squashed in Marks & Spencers, I haven't worn heels of any sort since, too painful.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 06:02 PM

I love my high heels, I think they make your legs look just great.
I don"t find the one I wear at all uncomfortable at all. Usually about 3 inches .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

30-11-2014, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I love my high heels, I think they make your legs look just great.
I don"t find the one I wear at all uncomfortable at all. Usually about 3 inches .
Apricot there's nothing nicer, I think, than a woman with a nice leg and high heels. Unfortunately I was at the end of the queue when nice legs were given out . I like to wear shoes with matching colours to suit my clothes, but high heels just don't agree with me these days................
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 06:28 PM

I haven't worn heels in years.As a teen I used to wear high heels shoes with pointed toes,little wonder I now have bunions!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Apricot there's nothing nicer, I think, than a woman with a nice leg and high heels. Unfortunately I was at the end of the queue when nice legs were given out . I like to wear shoes with matching colours to suit my clothes, but high heels just don't agree with me these days................
Sweetie x
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

30-11-2014, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Enfys ->
I haven't worn heels in years.As a teen I used to wear high heels shoes with pointed toes,little wonder I now have bunions!
Enfys, my friend has just had her bunions done because she wore high heels for years. She looks at my feet and says I've lovely ones. Doesn't stop them aching with high heels though. I don't have bunions. I am very lucky I suit nice sandals - just not heels!
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 06:40 PM

I'm 5' 3" and short-legged ( think Ernie Wise) - I HAD to wear heels back in the day! When I was married I wore 5" stilettos. Result? 2 neuromas removed from left foot and subsequent recent development of bunion on that foot (not as bad as mum and sis who had the most distorted feet imaginable). Had podiatry appt last week for advice on dealing with scar tissue agony in ball of foot and toe pain from clawed toes due to too tight shoes in the past. I am a walking girl and this is so annoying and all due to vanity. I look at these poor girls partying in these bondage-style shoes and wish you could put an old head on young shoulders - they are so going to regret it!

We're booked for a Christmas dinner dance - Alice I'd be barefoot if possible but shall settle for my Hotter silver flatties!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top