Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 11:26 AM

Decking The Halls.

When(if) do you decorate your house for Christmas?
I usually put them up about a week before the day,I don't decorate the outside of the house.They are put away before 12th night,I've had enough of them by then!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 11:31 AM

Re: Decking The Halls.

I put my tree up on Christmas eve, partly tradition as this was when my father did it, but apart from a few years when i put lights in the window i dont bother with any other decorations. I do however use lighting and scented candles to alter my living rooms atmosphere and mood.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 11:32 AM

Its the first of Advent, which in my case means that the tree wil be going up this afternoon, along with other decorations inside the house.

Dont decorate outside though.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 11:37 AM

Shan't think about till after I come home from the Lake District, so a few days before Christmas.

Has anyone started receiving cards yet? I have 2 given by hand and one received in the post yesterday. Flipping heck, it IS still November!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 11:45 AM

Weekend before the 25th we don't have a tree but we do put up others decorations, all home made and some very old. I discourage cards as they seem a waste of paper each year, much prefer e cards. We send a couple of Christmas letters to far flung members of the family this year sadly only one to send as Auntie Sylvia died in March. 100 years old though so had a good long life.
We are making a new door hanging I think this year as the last one was falling apart by end of festive season last year.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I put my tree up on Christmas eve, partly tradition as this was when my father did it, but apart from a few years when i put lights in the window i dont bother with any other decorations. I do however use lighting and scented candles to alter my living rooms atmosphere and mood.

That really surprises Nom. From previous posts I gathered you were single. Now I don't wish to sound . . . (can't think of the right word), but you are the only man I know, that would dream of bothering. My son certainly doesn't bother. Perhaps I've only met lazy men.

Now I am going to be inundated with men shouting at me.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 12:06 PM

We put our's up about a week before Christmas.........I do most of the work.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That really surprises Nom. From previous posts I gathered you were single. Now I don't wish to sound . . . (can't think of the right word), but you are the only man I know, that would dream of bothering. My son certainly doesn't bother. Perhaps I've only met lazy men.

Now I am going to be inundated with men shouting at me.
I am single Mups, Christmas is the one thing i carried from my childhood, my father was a different person at this time of year. Found out much later why, too late he had passed by then, we were not big on family communication.

When i was married my wife was like a kid and it was a battle to keep her from starting things to early once my son came along i gave up trying to hold her back.

Hiding presents was a nightmare she had an insatiable curiosity , this will be my 24th Christmas on my own, by choice i might add. So minimalist with plenty of festive cheer "Hic"
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 12:19 PM

[QUOTE=Alan Cooke;567964]We put our's up about a week before Christmas.........I do most of the work.[/QUOTE]

But would you bother if you were on your own Alan?

I always do a little tree and some lights, but this year is the first time I think I'm going to have to ask my son to get them down from the loft for me. Bloomin' loft ladders are a bit tricky to pull down, and the loft entrance is so small, its barely shoulder width, so I struggle to get boxes over my head and down the steps!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-11-2014, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
So minimalist with plenty of festive cheer "Hic"

Well good for you - enjoy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top