Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 03:27 PM

We're the lowest of the low

In Scotland anyways, . . it was -22.3 last night at Altnaharra, . . I've been there in summer time and it's bleak then, it's about 30 miles north west of Inverness in the middle of a moor.

The Westminster crew say it's OK for the Scots coz we're used to it, . . oh yeah, the class war emerges from under the benches in the House of Commons again eh, they'd be better keeping their senseless gobs shut IMO.

Braemar holds the record for the lowest of the low, -27.6 that was in 1982, . . any bets the record will be broken this winter ?
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 03:35 PM

Re: We're the lowest of the low

Originally Posted by nero ->
In Scotland anyways, . . it was -22.3 last night at Altnaharra, . . I've been there in summer time and it's bleak then, it's about 30 miles north west of Inverness in the middle of a moor.

The Westminster crew say it's OK for the Scots coz we're used to it, . . oh yeah, the class war emerges from under the benches in the House of Commons again eh, they'd be better keeping their senseless gobs shut IMO.

Braemar holds the record for the lowest of the low, -27.6 that was in 1982, . . any bets the record will be broken this winter ?

LOL Nice try me ol' mate. Isn't the cabinet made up of a lot Scots?
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Funky Farmer ->
LOL Nice try me ol' mate. Isn't the cabinet made up of a lot Scots?
That quote was from an English twit me ol' mate, any Scottish MP's know what it's like up here although we never see em here, . . except at election time of course, . . . they have two homes you know, . . . all paid for by us of course.
anekico
Liverpool UK
anekico is female  anekico has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 04:33 PM

Looks as if the temp will be setting all time records, question is how low can it really go. By the way I am lucky here in Liverpool, yes we have icy roads and it is dangerous moving out and about but we are not experiencing anything like the temps poor old Scotland is. I also feel sorry for the families who were flooded out last year and are now suffering even more.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 04:47 PM

I know I'm prob the odd one out, but this year it doesn't seem as cold as last!

Think it's because we don't have a nasty wind? I've actually quite enjoyed going out in the snow this year
anekico
Liverpool UK
anekico is female  anekico has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 05:03 PM

I don't tend to feel the cold so that is not affecting me when I go out and about, it's just the icy pavements, not wanting to fall over, been there done that too many times, this old arthritic body doesn't like that! That's the cue to feel sorry for me, but in truth its a gross exaggeration lol, now I am rambling! Enough!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 05:45 PM

You'll have to get a sledge and a husky dog to pull you along
liverbird
Wirral
liverbird is female  liverbird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 11:25 PM

my Family were supposed to be in Edinburgh this weekend for a relatives birthday hotel booked and everything, but they cant get up there from Liverpool. the roads are far too risky
anekico
Liverpool UK

08-01-2010, 11:31 PM

Hells teeth that's not a trip I would fancy. Such a shame and what a disappointment for everyone.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 12:03 PM

It wasn't until I came to live in Cumbria that I realised that it doesn't often exist. I noticed that weather forcaster tended to leap from mid Scotland (so Northern Scotland didn't exist either) to Manchester. When I spoke to people in the south they had never heard of Workington and giggled when I mentioned Cockermouth. While Cockermouth was flooded Cumbria did exist for a while on television. Now it has disappeared again.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top