Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 01:55 PM

Sofabed Blues!

'She' has only taken 3 weeks to choose a sofabed! I'm exhausted. Must have looked at 50 shops online and God knows how many designs. Each day the same thing, over and over again. I would get my hopes up that we had finally found 'the one' but no something would invariably put her off, be it the fabric, the size, the colour - whatever!

'She' got to the stage where I couldn't watch anything on the TV as invariably a sofa would appear which would set her off again. You ever tried to follow the plot of a movie when someone is droning on about a sofa in a particular scene?

At least I will get my chance to physically attack the 'old' sofa once a new one has been ordered (today I think) as it is only fit for incineration in the makeshift kiln I built out the back. Gonna beat the hell out of it first though.

Women and shopping - sheesh!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 02:08 PM

Re: Sofabed Blues!

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
'She' has only taken 3 weeks to choose a sofabed! I'm exhausted. Must have looked at 50 shops online and God knows how many designs. Each day the same thing, over and over again. I would get my hopes up that we had finally found 'the one' but no something would invariably put her off, be it the fabric, the size, the colour - whatever!

'She' got to the stage where I couldn't watch anything on the TV as invariably a sofa would appear which would set her off again. You ever tried to follow the plot of a movie when someone is droning on about a sofa in a particular scene?

Women and shopping - sheesh!
Yes ... sometime size does matter, especially when the man in one's life is SO picky ...

Also, one should bear in mind that some people expect their furniture to last and do not feel the need to change every aspect of their 'comfort zone' at the drop of a hat. Not everyone is a slave to fashion.
I always find that taking time to choose, correctly, saves a lot of problems in the long run.

There's no point ordering a piece of furniture and then finding you can't get it in the house is there ?

thank you
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Yes ... sometime size does matter, especially when the man in one's life is SO picky ...

Also, one should bear in mind that some people expect their furniture to last and do not feel the need to change every aspect of their 'comfort zone' at the drop of a hat. Not everyone is a slave to fashion.
I always find that taking time to choose, correctly, saves a lot of problems in the long run.

There's no point ordering a piece of furniture and then finding you can't get it in the house is there ?

thank you
Whatever ...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 02:16 PM

Sheila changes our settees about every 3 years, she just gets bored with the same furniture after a while. Still, if it keeps her happy...............!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 02:20 PM

Choosing a sofa or settee is important to get right - simple as that ...
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Choosing a sofa or settee is important to get right - simple as that ...
Absolutely ... furniture should last forever ... erm ... if possible or even longer
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 02:43 PM

Good luck. I ordered some furniture on November 3rd and was told it would be delivered in about 10 days 20 maximum and I am still waiting for a delivery date which will apparently be sometime after December 8th .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 03:33 PM

a sofa BED has to be chosen with care , did you open it out in the shop and lie down on it ?
Did you ask if replacement Mattresses can be bought ? ,I find with our with the bedding left in place it gives the seat cushions a higher seating , So does your feet touch the ground ,or will you slip off with the cushions being at an angle ...
All these have to be taken into account , Colours a more personal thing , I just love red , but i guess MKJ is already seeing RED
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

29-11-2014, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good luck. I ordered some furniture on November 3rd and was told it would be delivered in about 10 days 20 maximum and I am still waiting for a delivery date which will apparently be sometime after December 8th .
Argh !
Best of luck to you too Meg ...

The order wotsit says delivery in 2 weeks and 3 days .... this, of course, gives ample time to have my mind changed again !!! and get the-leather-one-which-is-slightly-too-long-unless-I-move-another-piece-of-furniture
so I'm keeping everything crossed for a happy outcome
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

29-11-2014, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
a sofa BED has to be chosen with care , did you open it out in the shop and lie down on it ?
Did you ask if replacement Mattresses can be bought ? ,I find with our with the bedding left in place it gives the seat cushions a higher seating , So does your feet touch the ground ,or will you slip off with the cushions being at an angle ...
All these have to be taken into account , Colours a more personal thing , I just love red , but i guess MKJ is already seeing RED
Lol ...

Sadly, I have no transport of my own and have been unable to test this (no shop near me) but I have tried something similar and this is a deluxe one.

It will, primarily, be used as a sofa and replaces my ancient drop-arm Chesterfield ... and I do mean ancient ... which has been repaired/revamped/re-covered many times over the years and is definitely 'had it' now.
The back has come adrift from the base, the drop-arm is also hanging on for dear life and we have bricks under one end because there's a bit of a leg problem

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top