Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 01:22 AM

Christmas Cards

Does your Christmas card list change very much each year?
I always keep the previous year's list, otherwise I know I will forget someone, and there are usually one or two changes each year. It's especially sad this year for me, as there will be no card to buy for Mum, who I lost at the end of September.
On a more cheerful note, what do you think of the e.cards you can send now? Do you ever use them, or do you prefer the traditional cards to write on and post?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 01:35 AM

Re: Christmas Cards

I send ecards to my online friends in other countries, this year I too can't send my lovely mum a card as I lost her last November, it wont be the same without her and right now I don't want to even think of sending cards to anyone
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 01:40 AM

Only 27 days to go till the big day, so thought I'd get on with it.

Sorry about your Mum, Honey. We only buried mine last month so its still a bit raw yet.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 02:06 AM

I too am sorry to hear you have lost your dear mum, I know time is a great healer but it takes more time for some than others. I'm sure you'll also want to see the end of this year as I do
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

28-11-2014, 02:50 AM

I really like the ecards, so much easier. Sorry to hear about your Mum
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 07:38 AM

Some of the ecards (Jackie Lawson for example) are very beautiful and very clever - but also very impersonal so, no, I do not use them. I make all of my own and try to fit the card to the recipient.

My list seems to be diminishing - only 187 this year.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 08:30 AM

Slowly over the years i whittled down my Christmas card list. Towards the end i used Charity cards until i found out how little was given to the charity concerned. I have just finished my homemade Christmas card that i will send via Email this year.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

28-11-2014, 09:36 AM

I have reduced our list by quite a lot this year. I see no point in sending to people we only hear from at Christmas, haven't seen for many years and will never see again. I long for the day when one can send an e-cards to everyone on the list, so much less hassle. Having said that I have written all the cards we are sending, and will post them today.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 09:58 AM

I have the same list every year, I type the list out and store it on the Computer ready for next year. Cards are quite cheap to buy, it's the Stamps that are so expensive. Also I have four parcels to send off, I have only sent one off so far to Florida which cost me £10, nearly as expensive as the gift.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 10:03 AM

I think christmas cards are a pointless waste of money and I wish I didn't have to bother with them but I know people would be upset f I didn't.
My cards have got smaller over the years

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top