Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

27-11-2014, 12:41 PM

Stupid, or what?

Honestly I am not safe to be near anything that has any heat in it! I was doing the ironing a few weeks ago, and dropped something on the floor. Instead of being sensible and putting the iron down I held onto it as I picked the item up, and managed to burn my left wrist., quite badly. The burn is one inch long and nearly half an inch wide! I reckon I should put myself forward for the Guinness Book of Records for the number of burns I have incurred over the years, usually when messing around with the oven. Most of them are on my hands, the scars are so numerous they could almost be considered an art form! It is a good job vanity about my appearance isn't one of my vices!

Have you done anything stupid recently?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 01:00 PM

Re: Stupid, or what?

I tend to burn my arms on the oven shelves even though I use oven gloves
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 01:29 PM

I was home alone this week and it was looking like rain so decided to fetch the washing in ,...I didn bother to put my sling back sandals on proper ,just putting my toes in the front ,
I opened the back door ,slipped on the door mat , tripping over the door ledge went flying out the door head first ,slipped down the side of the outside door step,, did a roll on the floor and finished up on my back with my legs up in the air ,,just like a dieing Fly !!
Next time i put my shoes on properly..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I was home alone this week and it was looking like rain so decided to fetch the washing in ,...I didn bother to put my sling back sandals on proper ,just putting my toes in the front ,
I opened the back door ,slipped on the door mat , tripping over the door ledge went flying out the door head first ,slipped down the side of the outside door step,, did a roll on the floor and finished up on my back with my legs up in the air ,,just like a dieing Fly !!
Next time i put my shoes on properly..
I know I shouldn't, but you described it so well
Hope you were OK gal
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 01:36 PM

I'm always doing meself a mischief
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 01:43 PM

Managed this morning to catch my foot on the car sill as I exited it this morning ending on my hands and knees in front of the head master as I dropped Grace off, I heard a pffft and last I saw of Grace she was heading into the school pretending I wasn't with her Head master was very nice and helped me up but I could have done without his rather big grin as he did so
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-11-2014, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Managed this morning to catch my foot on the car sill as I exited it this morning ending on my hands and knees in front of the head master as I dropped Grace off, I heard a pffft and last I saw of Grace she was heading into the school pretending I wasn't with her Head master was very nice and helped me up but I could have done without his rather big grin as he did so
Good you can laugh Julie
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 02:25 PM

Well no one was hurt and it must have looked funny from other angles
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-11-2014, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well no one was hurt and it must have looked funny from other angles
Agree - if you're not hurt - then its funny
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2014, 02:53 PM

Well as you can see my name is Clumsy. I can trip over matchsticks, fall down holes, fall over things and through things. As some of you know my last little trip ended up with me having a smashed shoulder and a badly fractured arm which required a 7 hour operation to patch up and now has 8 screws, 3 pins and various bits of metal holding it all together. I donīt think Iīm really clumsy, just accident prone !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top