Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 10:42 AM

Railways!

Bah! Humbug! Growl! Snarl! Hiss!

Was booked on the 9:35am to Derby yesterday. Arrived at station in good time. 5 mins later - power cut! No tannoy announcements, no information screens, and no extra staff out on the platform to assist travellers in finding their correct trains!! Absolute chaos.

Coming home - stopped at Sheffield - engine shuddered to a stop and refused to moved. 15mins later there was a noise that sounded like a man with a big spanner beating the thing into submission. Must have worked because it set off again - very slowly. Limped into my home station three quarters of an hour late - and dropped dead again! Felt very sorry for the passengers that were travelling onward to Newcastle.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 11:11 AM

Re: Railways!

Not a good journey then ST
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 11:38 AM

Very bad customer service and they charge like a wounded bull for a ticket too !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 01:47 PM

When - are they going to get things sorted ! This lack of customer service has been going on for years - mind you, they are not the only ones - seems to be a way of life now
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 05:08 PM

Just read in today's paper that the power cut yesterday affected most of the city centre. Shops were in darkness and their tills/card machines would not work. There were queues at most of the banks because their ATMs weren't working. The wonders of modern technology !
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 05:36 PM

20 years ago I had to commute by train from Stowmarket to Liverpool Str. every day and every single day there were problems either going or comming back (Most often the latter)

It was a nightmare and after six months I could stand it no longer and arranged to stay in London Monday to Thursday night and used the bus to get to and from London.

Now, there's nothing in this world would make me get back on a train again, no matter what the attraction or where if I can't drive to it I don't go.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 07:50 PM

Sorry to hear you had all that palava.

I love travelling by train.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

19-11-2014, 08:01 PM

I used to love trains when they were still British Rail and you could 'train hop' all over the place. Now they are all different companies you cannot do that.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I used to love trains when they were still British Rail and you could 'train hop' all over the place. Now they are all different companies you cannot do that.
Those were the days - life was so much simpler then - could get from A to B no problem
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
When - are they going to get things sorted ! This lack of customer service has been going on for years - mind you, they are not the only ones - seems to be a way of life now
I live in London and find the Travel information First class on the Tube and the Over ground. Listen to my Local Radio before I leave and all problems are reported also on the internet, sometimes have gone to my local station to find a train canceled but rare 3 in the last year

I find customer service has vastly improved
since the 60 /70s.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top