Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 11:47 PM

Hotpoint Oven Door

Looking forward to my roast chicken dinner today, walked into the kitchen to check on the progress of the cooking chicken only to find the oven door glass had literally exploded! Luckily nobody was in the kitchen or serious injury could have happened. At this point I phoned Hotpoint only to get the expected response, Press I for this Press 2 for that and so on. GRRRRR!! After thirty minutes of being switched from one extension to another I hang up rather than drive to Peterborough in a rage. Not looking forward to tomorrow when the rage is sure to kick in again. I googled Hotpoint Exploding Doors and it seems to be a common occurrence.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 11:51 PM

Re: Hotpoint Oven Door

Oh dear EZ ... not good So .... what did you have for your dinner ?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 11:57 PM

Hi Myrtle. The chicken was cooked so I just picked the glass out!! Not really. The oven has an inner glass which stayed intact so no glass got inside. I was amazed how much glass was around the room and all from an 18 inch square.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2014, 12:01 AM

Sounds a dangerous thing to happen ... lucky no-one was in the room !!!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-11-2014, 12:19 AM

It seems to be a common thing to happen with Hotpoint. I hope to find out tomorrow. The parts are still under guarantee too!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2014, 01:04 AM

I have read about this before Ezy and I know a few years ago this happened to my Son's oven but I don't know what make it was .
Ovens are so badly made these days, the door of my new Zanussi kept falling of the hinges on to my foot and of course it had never happened to anyone else

When the engineer came to replace the door the design had changed and apparent a number of people had experienced the same problem.
Now the new door is so stiff I have trouble opening it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2014, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Looking forward to my roast chicken dinner today, walked into the kitchen to check on the progress of the cooking chicken only to find the oven door glass had literally exploded! Luckily nobody was in the kitchen or serious injury could have happened. At this point I phoned Hotpoint only to get the expected response, Press I for this Press 2 for that and so on. GRRRRR!! After thirty minutes of being switched from one extension to another I hang up rather than drive to Peterborough in a rage. Not looking forward to tomorrow when the rage is sure to kick in again. I googled Hotpoint Exploding Doors and it seems to be a common occurrence.
Replace it with a nice bit of wood, that won't explode.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2014, 08:29 AM

That's a terrible thing to happen! Hope you get it replaced soon.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2014, 10:27 AM

I had the same experience a few years ago EZ.
Mine was a Hotpoint too. I was actually in the kitchen
when it went. Only have a small kitchen and I was lucky
I had just moved further along from where the cooker is fixed.
I also wear no footwear in the house. When it went it blew out
and just missed where one of my cats had been eating his food
about a minute before.
I was stuck at the wrong side of the kitchen with no shoes on to
try and get over all the glass to get my camera. I took a photo
of the mess and will try and put it on here to show you.
I had to dangle over the glass by holding onto the surfaces.
Wish I had a photo of that happening
Mine was unluckily out of warranty. Glad I don't have any small
children and the cats had gone out of the kitchen when it happened.
Had to buy a new cooker as it was cheaper than just buying the door.
I now have a Zanussi oven.

edited Put my avatar on and its what my kitchen looked like after it blow out. Good job I had moved and so had my cat
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2014, 10:57 AM

Unbelievable ! Just shouldn't happen, companies get away with far too much today.
We have an Electrolux and after 8 years - so far, so good .......
Hope you get it sorted to a 'good standard'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top