Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 06:16 PM

Another Crazy Trend .....

This planet of ours is getting more alien to me - just been reading about the amount of deaths caused by texting whilst 'driving' !
Its horrendous and yet still goes on
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 06:31 PM

Re: Another Crazy Trend .....

I suppose they all believe it won't happen to them but obviously many are wrong - the odds of getting caught are so great, there's no deterrent.
The height of stupidity, really...
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

17-11-2014, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
This planet of ours is getting more alien to me - just been reading about the amount of deaths caused by texting whilst 'driving' !
Its horrendous and yet still goes on
I often see people driving along with their phones to their ears, or on the steering wheel as they text. The penalties for doing so need to be raised substantially!

A few months ago I saw a woman driving whilst applying her lipstick, looking in the mirror as she did so. Even worse she was passing a primary school as kids were arriving to start the school day. I kick myself for not remembering her car registration number, as she should have been reported for dangerous driving.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 07:12 PM

Cars are lethal weapons when in the wrong hands. These people should be banned from driving all together.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Cars are lethal weapons when in the wrong hands. These people should be banned from driving all together.
I agree - its also frightening to think people are really so senseless .......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-11-2014, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->
I often see people driving along with their phones to their ears, or on the steering wheel as they text. The penalties for doing so need to be raised substantially!

A few months ago I saw a woman driving whilst applying her lipstick, looking in the mirror as she did so. Even worse she was passing a primary school as kids were arriving to start the school day. I kick myself for not remembering her car registration number, as she should have been reported for dangerous driving.
Wouldn't work though would it - unless there were other witnesses .......?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2014, 06:53 AM

Still see plenty doing this, and they are not all youngsters. Always wondered why drivers are allowed to smoke while driving, must be just as dangerous.

I do remember being in London, and seeing drivers with food and thermos flasks having a picnic. Mind you the traffic was going nowhere at thee time
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2014, 08:21 AM

Police do have the discretion of issuing a fine if they catch you eating/drinking and think you're not in proper control of the car, even though it's not strictly illegal to do so while at the wheel. I have to confess to sneaking my hand into a bag to rummage for something but will mostly wait till the car has stopped, or make sure the 'food' is within easy reach.

I do agree that more should be done by the police against phone users, or make up appliers.

What about those devastating 5 young deaths recently? A 21 yo lost control of the car. I wonder if they were doing something they shouldn't have, or got distracted. A terrible shame for their school, families and friends.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2014, 10:54 AM

Just cant understand it, I don't take my eyes off the road and I'm not driving !
Its just so senseless !
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

18-11-2014, 12:40 PM

I am of the opinion that doing anything at the wheel of the car, other than having ones hands on the steering wheel and concentrating on the road should be illegal. Smoking, drinking, eating, map reading etc should incur penalty points and a fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top