Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2014, 11:37 PM

Manchester Dogs Home fire

I've just been reading about the dreadful fire not long ago.
Apparently 3 people went back into the flames time and time again, against orders, and got 20 of the dogs out. 60 more died, one of them being a poor old 16 year old dog who couldn't cope with the smoke inhalation. What a way for the poor old soul to end his life. Many who survived were traumatised.

These brave people have been rewarded for their dedication by non other than Simon Cowell! He arranged and paid for the three of them and their whole families to have a luxury holiday at his expense. Yes, I know some will say "so what, he can afford it", but he didn't have to help did he.
He also donated another £25,000 to the rebuilding, and Paul O'Grady gave another £10,000 and its rumoured he has also offered them some land to rebuild on. Pets at Homed have donated another £50,000.
Countless other offers of help have been offered from people and other rescues too.

It's a sad thought though, that if the countless people who have come forward to show they care now, had come forward before and offered a home, those kennels might have been empty.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2014, 11:44 PM

Re: Manchester Dogs Home fire

That's a very kind gesture by Simon , and Paul.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2014, 11:56 PM

Yes Eliza, it was wasn't it. What I particularly liked, was that it wasn't just done for publicity and the cameras.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 09:41 AM

Some of the people named give a lot to charities we rarely hear about it though, and whether they can afford it or not isn't the point because as has been said they don't have to do it but do.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 04:28 PM

It was an awful night as I heard it laying in bed on the radio.
FiveLive have instant news and it was awful laying in bed
80 miles away and knowing you couldn't do anything.
The kid who did it was only 15. I wonder if he is feeling
remorse. I would think that part of his punishment would have
been to go and clean the place up and even pick the dead bodies
of the poor dog souls he had just killed.
I hope he doesn't get off lightly and I want him locked up for quite
a few years. There was no need to do what he did and laughing
about it afterwards is totally out of order.
Great that Simon did his contribution but I always thought Paul would
do that with his love of dogs. Not only that but the lads who kept
going in to rescue the dogs need a medal as they were certainly
in danger and that didn't stop them. Bless

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top