Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 02:39 PM

This story has made me very grumpy today

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-dye-hair.html I am beginning to wonder how many teachers these days even like children, some seem to have no understanding at all.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 03:18 PM

Re: This story has made me very grumpy today

But a pink wig?? Why not get an ordinary one? I appreciate this girl wants to wear one but I think her mother should realise that pink was not going to be allowed.
I'm sure an ordinary wig for school and the pink at the weekend would have been a better solution.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 03:21 PM

Ah poor little darling, she probably loves the colour pink. They could have waited till home time and had a word with the Mother.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Ah poor little darling, she probably loves the colour pink. They could have waited till home time and had a word with the Mother.
Exactly ! no thought about how they would hurt her at all.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 06:07 PM

A shocking pink wig, that’s the first thing my missus said when she saw the picture of the little girl, but as she has a terminal illness I said she should be entitled to wear any colour she likes, so that’s herself and me at odds for starters, should have kept me big mouth shut.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 06:23 PM

It is a hideous wig, can only assume she loves pink, still - there had to be a better alternative. Even so, that darling can wear that wig to her hearts content, its just too ridiculous what happened there. Shame on them ...
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Wholeheartedly agree. Bring back Esther Rantzen's jobsworth hat
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 07:24 PM

*sigh*. Oh dear. The poor wee girl wasn't doing anyone any harm wearing that wig. Do they grudge her it? Very, very sad. What's the world coming to I say? Any parents at that school who would want to deny her the choice of wearing the wig can't be up to much. Having a child who you know will die very young is something no one wants to experience. Give the wee girl a break and let her be happy for a while. *sigh*.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2014, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
But a pink wig?? Why not get an ordinary one? I appreciate this girl wants to wear one but I think her mother should realise that pink was not going to be allowed.
I'm sure an ordinary wig for school and the pink at the weekend would have been a better solution.
While I do feel sorry for the girl, I think you make a good point. I think the mother should take some responsibility for her child's predicament as well as the school.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

31-10-2014, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
While I do feel sorry for the girl, I think you make a good point. I think the mother should take some responsibility for her child's predicament as well as the school.
Yes agree with that - the school should have handled the situation better though .......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top