Join for free
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 01:47 PM

Weather forecast

The Met office web site gives views of the country showing 'weather' and 'rainfall', but frequently these don't bear any resemblence to one another. The BBC weather site, which I think uses data supplied by the Met office, is different again.
These forecasts change hourly - sometimes quite drastically.

For this area at this time, the forecasts show a choice of torrential rain, light rain or light cloud. In fact it's foggy with light drizzle.

I'm wondering what it will be like when the Met office gets this supercomputer?? It will probably add the options of bright sunshine or snow.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 01:49 PM

Re: Weather forecast

I'm doing a recce tomorrow and just hope it's dry. I just don't go by the forecast these days. Most of the time it's wrong.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 01:49 PM

I just hope it is an improvement, I like to know the score weather wise as do many others, I suppose they do their best ......
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2014, 03:46 PM

When you think of the time, money and effort that goes into the weather forecasts though, you'd think they'd get it right occasionally - I rarely bother looking now, wrong more often than not!
Tecla
New Member!
Florida. U.S.A.
Tecla is female 

01-11-2014, 01:50 PM

Talking about weather. Our weather here in Florida is just so perfect. I am glad I am not working today so I can enjoy this kind of weather. Fall is the best time of the year here in Florida because there are no bugs flying around.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top