Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 11:12 PM

Student thesis

Why did old gits and women screw around in the 70s and early 80s.?

Discuss with reference to family values and the possible threat of this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6U9T3R3EQg
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 11:23 PM

Re: Student thesis

The only thing I remember about this is my brother-in-law (scientist) telling me to paint the windows white and hold a newspaper up in front of me as the blast would burn the paper and move so fast it would be past me before I could burn. Not sure any of this influenced screwing around, probably women having better access to contraception namely the pill were more relevant. Or perhaps folk thought "We'd better have fun before we're all toast!"
Sorry not much help from me was it?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 11:41 PM

It was a bit tongue in cheek. Yes the pill had a lot to do with it in the late 60s and onwards. But a lot of us were into our late 20s or older when we faced this threat.

We were told your parents fought for freedom and yet they left the world in such a mess. As I watch the news I feel sorrow for any soldier giving their life but I do hope the world has been safer for 20? years than at any time for a very long time
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->

We were told your parents fought for freedom and yet they left the world in such a mess.
Did they though?

I rather think subsequent generations are more to blame.
Slack morals, no manners, no respect, corrupt government, no discipline, ineffectual police force and judiciary.

As I watch the news I feel sorrow for any soldier giving their life but I do hope the world has been safer for 20? years than at any time for a very long time
It really doesn't feel very safe, OG !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top