Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2014, 02:58 PM

If Anyone Cares....

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/nation...rial-in-ottawa

A terrorist was killed in the Parliament buildings in Ottawa after killing a soldier there. This ISIS terrorist wasn't going to stop. He was going to go on a spree & kill as many as he could, our PM as well. Luckily bullets DID stop him.

If one of my fellow Canadians here thinks about it for awhile instead of grumbling about standing in line forever at a supermarket then I guess that's progress.

Looks like as usual our serious news didn't make it over the pond or no one seems to give a ****. Terrorism is serious!!

If this was brought up already on the forum I apologize but Canada is an important, fantastic country & sick & tired of it being ignored.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2014, 03:20 PM

Re: If Anyone Cares....

I'm sorry you feel you've bee ignored but I can assure you that here in Hungary it's been reported blow by blow from the moment it happened on the TV ... Sky News, Euronews and BBC World Service as well as the Hungarian News Channels. I for one feel very shocked that this should have happened in your beautiful and peaceful country. Sadly none of us are immune from these lunatics.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2014, 03:24 PM

Well I had a tear last night for the horror I was hearing but some of us have lived with it for so many years now we don't always comment on every incident. I did see a memorial post on one thread though so it hasn't been ignored completely.

As for moaning about supermarkets that is how we beat terrorist we carry on regardless and don't let them see they are affecting us.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2014, 03:26 PM

No comment ........
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2014, 03:27 PM

Looks like as usual our serious news didn't make it over the pond or no one seems to give a ****. Terrorism is serious
Hi AC ,yes that sad event was on the news here.
I am sure we all empathise..

We are used to 'terrorists ' here . Between 1969–97 during the IRA campaign in England alone there were 115 deaths and 2,134 injured.
Then on 7th July 2005 jihadis terrorist bombs killed 52 people and injuring more than 770 in London.
In 2013 a soldier was beheaded in front of a street full of people also in London.

Terrorism is the price we are all paying for years of bad decisions taken on foreign policy and interfering where we have no business .
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2014, 04:00 PM

It has been reported here AC and I can assure you I care as much about this horrific attack in your country as I would if it happened here .
Just because I don't start a thread about things doesn't mean to say I don't care .
My thoughts and sympathies are with Canada today .
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2014, 04:34 PM

It was reported here in Spain too, in fact reports were on TV most of last night. Itīs very very sad and unfortunately I doubt it will be the last "attack". My condolences to all in Canada who have been affected by this horrific deed.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2014, 05:02 PM

Why would you assume the news didn't reach the UK? And I don't understand your comment about your fellow Canadians thinking about it instead of moaning about queues. What's to think about except that these fanatics/terrorists (freedom fighters they may call themselves) are common nowadays sadly. So are long queues which people will always complain about. I'd never have known terrorism was serious, thanks for stating the obvious.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2014, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/nation...rial-in-ottawa

If one of my fellow Canadians here thinks about it for awhile instead of grumbling about standing in line forever at a supermarket then I guess that's progress.

Looks like as usual our serious news didn't make it over the pond or no one seems to give a ****. Terrorism is serious!!

If this was brought up already on the forum I apologize but Canada is an important, fantastic country & sick & tired of it being ignored.

Yes Canada is a great country and this has come as a massive shock to the Canadian people who have not been targeted in this way before BUT slagging off the UK and the people on this forum for not giving a **** is not the way to gain the empathy of those who have lived with the threat of terrorism.

As for telling us that terrorism is serious well yes we had worked that one out thanks.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2014, 05:53 PM

I don't really come on here in the evening and to reply to your post AC
I would have had to yesterday. Don't forget we are 5 hours in front of you.
All terrorists are someone's hero's even though it is not true.
We have had Soldiers killed in London, Leeds, Manchester, Ireland and on the M62 plus others. As well as in Iraq and around the World. We love the Canadians and they as Soldiers have helped us in the First World War and the second.
I think when anything like this happens in the UK someone from the UK
generally comes on and makes a post about it. I presume and think that
no disrespect was meant but we presumed that someone from Canada
would come on to defend their Countrymen.
I think hundreds of peeps on this site have shown their respect for others
and for the death of people. I think you should bite your tongue first
and think overall what a caring site this is. Take care.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top