Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 04:01 PM

Close Encounter!

At a loss for something to do as the forecast was rain, rain, rain, we decided to go up to the "City Centre" of Milton Keynes to spend my birthday Book Voucher at WH Smiths.

Of course we went by bus again - love it!
As it happens it's just as well we went by bus because the City Centre was pretty stacked with cars!

Anyway, we made a beeline for WH Smiths and didn't really notice just how busy it was then I found two books and paid for them and we left.

However, just as we walked past the window we saw more books on Special offer so we went back inside, around by the window this time, ignoring a queue who seemed to be waiting for some reason.

My wife found something interesting and then so did I and I was reading the back cover when I realised someone was looking at me.

I looked up and there were Si & Dave, otherwise known as the Hairy Bikers, sat at a table, signing books for fans!

Now the really weird bit is Si turned and looked at me and then pointed, with a puzzled look of recognition on his face.

The reason for this I'm sure now is that in 2010, coming back from Gatwick after our holiday, we stopped off at Beaconsfield Services on the M40.

We strolled in, oblivious of the unexpected throng and got ourselves some refreshment.

As we paid we went out past a queue of people then, suddenly, right in front of us signing books were - Si & Dave!

We immediately made our apologies but Si then grabbed a serviette from my tray and signed it - all a bit of a laugh and a bit embarrassing for us and he said something about something to remember them by.

I think that today,THEY remembered US!

Didn't have a serviette handy though!! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 04:10 PM

Re: Close Encounter!

Once seen - never forgotten eh ......
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 04:15 PM

Ah the Beery Hikers recognise you and women find you irresistible some men have just got it all.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Once seen - never forgotten eh ......
Sorry but I didn't mean that to read quite how some have read it Patsy but that is exactly what happened.

Si, or Simon King I should say, did a double-take then so did Dave Myers so I assumed that they may have remembered us from our previous accidental encounter.

I'm just saying what happened and I thought it was amusing and I thought I'd share it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 05:03 PM

Hi Steve - I meant my post as a compliment - nice to be remembered .....
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

18-10-2014, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Hi Steve - I meant my post as a compliment - nice to be remembered .....
Sorry Patsy. I'm misreading things a bit.......stevmk2
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 05:11 PM

And me just in total awe and envy of your unforgettable charm and charisma.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-10-2014, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Sorry Patsy. I'm misreading things a bit.......stevmk2
That's fine Steve - its a great story, a similar thing happened with me and Rory Calhoun - except it wasn't Rory, just a lookalike
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 05:48 PM

I'm quite envious Steve have to say I have a bit of a crush on Si !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top