Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 12:32 PM

Pssssst

.....Can you keep a secret? Can you really? Or do you end up blabbering it out to someone?

I, like my mum, have always been able to listen to people in confidence and keep it to ourselves. It amazes me the people who just blurt "secrets" out.

Some people just can't help themselves, I know.

Or, do you have a confidante who you just know will not repeat a word you have told them?

Edited.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 01:11 PM

Re: Pssssst

I used to keep huge secrets for my Mother, her husband (married twice) was scathing about women who in his words 'dyed their hair', so when her hair needed a rinse, I did it for her and then we washed towels and burnt the box, so that there was no evidence when he arrived home.

Also I did not split on the bottle of gin she hid in the back of the larder .....

I can say it now because he is not here .....

I have also kept secrets for others ..... (Mums the word)
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 01:13 PM

Yes, I have always been someone my friends or family can confide in, difficult at times but at others a comfort to know the truth.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 01:16 PM

I think it's nice to know that someone can talk to you and to know that you will keep it to yourself, whilst just sitting listening.

Can't be doing with big mouths, but I do think there are some people who just blurt things out, and also they look for attention. That's the gossipy people. We can all listen to gossip, but I'd hate to be the person carrying it on.

I think it would be a terrible disappointment if you knew that someone has passed on something you told them in confidence. You just wouldn't trust them again.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 02:26 PM

Yes, I would never forgive myself if I even hinted I knew more than someone was trying to pry to find out.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 02:32 PM

Yes I can most certainly keep a secret, if Iīm asked not to repeat it, then I donīt.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 03:28 PM

I can keep a secret but my mum never could! if I had a problem and turned to her for advice, I'd ask her not to tell anyone only to find she'd tell my siblings! Her excuse was, we are family and we should share our problems which I soooo didn't agree with!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 03:40 PM

If you find someone you can trust, hold onto them - not many about, especially where I live
Its a great quality to have .....
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 06:30 PM

I will take some of my friends secrets to my grave. Unfortunately there are very few people who I can trust, as I have found out over the years and yes that goes for long term friends too (some just cannot help "spilling the beans"). I just have to accept that and act accordingly.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 08:20 PM

I'm like venus, I hold the secrets of others, but if I had secrets, I would keep them to myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top