Join for free
melo
New Member!
Shropshire
melo is male 

13-10-2014, 10:26 AM

Engineering Buzz

Having spent many years in Engineering, I miss some of the 'Buzz' that surrounded the job arena. Others have similar feelings?
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2014, 10:40 AM

Re: Engineering Buzz

Not really Melo. But hi and welcome to the forum. Just noticed
you are a newbie. Hope you enjoy yourself on here and get a
buzz from some of the diverse subjects we have.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2014, 10:58 AM

Welcome Melo. I was happy to retire and not have the rigour of work.......although I did enjoy my job most of the time.
melo
New Member!
Shropshire
melo is male 

13-10-2014, 11:35 AM

Morning Alan, I will second that regarding the rigour. Just that I have some thoughts about rekindling some past contacts and arranging a nice social meet and engineering trip. be great if others were interested to make it worthwhile.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2014, 11:52 AM

Sorry Melo, I didn't grasp what you were getting at. On a personal level, there's about 8 of my old colleagues who meet up once a month for a walk and a pub lunch although one or two have dropped off the perch over the years. Perhaps you could organise something similar with your old mates.
melo
New Member!
Shropshire
melo is male 

13-10-2014, 12:02 PM

Hi Alan
Yes that's something we do but be good if similar engineers wanted to make contact here and kindle a new group etc. You can only end up at the garden centre or museum so many times

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top