Join for free
tyrell
South Eat England
tyrell is male  tyrell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2014, 08:25 PM

Photo Sharing Websites.

I have spent a while looking and trialling some of these sites, to try and find the best there is.

I have used Flickr for a short while and a few years back. Never really liked Flickr , part of Yahoo, they do tend to sneak in advertisements where they are not needed.

You can pay for a Pro Account but I'm not impressed overall.
Another company was Drop Shots but I found the site a little to un- flexible, especially when it came to making albums.

I'm at the moment trying out Smugmug and so far I'm impressed to such a point I may go for an upgrade where there is a cost involved.

It will give me the ideal place to show off an ever growing collection of photographs to family and friends. Once I have uploaded a few galleries I will put a link on here and ask for some feedback.

:::: An Apple a Day keeps Windows at Bay ::::
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2014, 08:31 PM

Re: Photo Sharing Websites.

Have you thought about using Youtube ,i make a video of photos I've taken then i load it up to youtube .I then can put a link to forums or show them to family .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2014, 10:24 PM

I use Photobucket but only to host not to share .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2014, 10:30 PM

Photobucket or Image shack (for stills) and youtube for videos
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 04:57 AM

I use Picasa as my photo handling program and upload automatically to Google+. I have had no problems with it so far.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 05:51 AM

Ive been a member of most, eventually gave up on Flickr as it tried to become Facebook and lost loads of members. Like Alan i use Picassaweb to host my images, and its handy to transfer my pics to all the sites i use blogs / forums etc..
Im a member on a couple of Photography sites, and gave up a couple when they were badly managed by Admin / Mods,, i suppose it will depend on. what you want to do with your images

Photography Cafe, and EPhotozine, may be worth a look.
Rob B
Solihull, UK
Rob B is male  Rob B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 09:16 AM

I use Photobucket for stills and YouTube for videos. You can use PB for videos but I find it a bit 'clunky' at times. Both are free and YouTube's space is virtually unlimited for most peoples requirements.

Both sites give you the appropriate code for linking to most Forums and YouTube is simplicity itself as there is a built in BB code for linking - (yt)video reference(/yt) - replace the round brackets with square ones.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 02:42 PM

I use Photobucket as well.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top