Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 03:41 PM

Ikea?

Are you an Ikea shopper. Do you like the huge range and value. Or do you prefer a more select furniture shop.

Any time I go to Ikea it exasperates me because where do you actually draw the line to stop buying new stuff (if you can afford it)? They're constantly bringing out new ranges and everything matches and the list goes on and on

I've bought a couple of bits and pieces because of the value, but have to say I much prefer a more "select" piece of furniture from elsewhere. I keep my furniture for years. I couldn't afford, nor would want to, keep updating the look of my home. My home is cozy and lived in
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 03:52 PM

Re: Ikea?

I like Ikea and visit quite often but don't buy much, I prefer a more 'select' furniture shop, too. I bought some continental square pillows to 'dress' my bed! Could never sleep on 'em though, not very comfy..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 03:54 PM

I may give them a look for a coffee table, which is hard to find if you are limited to a certain size, as they are 'mainly' all the same size .......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I like Ikea and visit quite often but don't buy much, I prefer a more 'select' furniture shop, too. I bought some continental square pillows to 'dress' my bed! Could never sleep on 'em though, not very comfy..
Ah - a lady that 'dresses' her bed ......
Why ? ..... Isn't it just a nuisance having to remove cushions to get to bed - I've puzzled over this, I'm at a loss I am
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 04:16 PM

I have cushions on my bed too, but just chuck them when I go to bed . I'm at that "funny" age, when I can't go under the duvet these days or else I'd spontaneously combust A nice dressed bed does look pretty though.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Why ? ..... Isn't it just a nuisance having to remove cushions to get to bed - I've puzzled over this, I'm at a loss I am
Me too Patsy. I sleep on one pillow so I often find myself, when on holiday, chucking about 3 cushions and a pillow on the floor before I get into bed.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-10-2014, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Me too Patsy. I sleep on one pillow so I often find myself, when on holiday, chucking about 3 cushions and a pillow on the floor before I get into bed.
Crazy - still, if people like it, they do. A nice duvet cover makes a bed nice to look at, then the bits an pieces around the room for me .........
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 06:06 PM

I think Ikea furniture is more for starter homes. It's stylish and modern but I don't think it would last very long. My daughter had a 2 leather sofas from there and they were fit for the tip after about 5 years. I think the springs had all gone..

Having said that - I have bought small items from Ikea - a wooden stool for the bedroom - a computer desk - a computer chair. I'm pleased with them. I also have a varied selection of Ikea pottery, glasses, baskets, table lamps, plants and pictures. I enjoy a browse round Ikea - I always buy something.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2014, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I know!!!! drives me mad sometimes, they're big square pillows so handy for when I'm reading and look nice during the day but with 4 pillows and 2 square ones, a quilt and 2 throws I'm ready for bed the minute I've made it!!

I like it though...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-10-2014, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I know!!!! drives me mad sometimes, they're big square pillows so handy for when I'm reading and look nice during the day but with 4 pillows and 2 square ones, a quilt and 2 throws I'm ready for bed the minute I've made it!!

I like it though...
Good response - they have a use
But the list had me exhausted

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top