Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 11:21 AM

Human touch

Do you find it easy to hug and kiss friends and family? Do you greet them with a hug and a kiss, or do you prefer a handshake or just a spoken gesture?

I greet most of my friends with a hug. Family also. Although my beloved wee dad isn't a big hugger, but then he's a bit shy and reserved, so when he does hug me then I feel a bit touched.

Or, do you think it invades people's space, in the case of friends/acquaintances.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 12:34 PM

Re: Human touch

I mostly greet people with a smile and a few words, never was a huggy squeezy kissy person, I can understand your Dad Alice.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 12:40 PM

I'm a huggy, kissy person but only with me darlin'
A very close friend, I would hug - for sure, does you the world of good .....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 01:40 PM

I've nothing against a little hug.
When I met the ladies of the Over 50's forums Manchester club in Manchester recently we all gave one another a hug ... It seemed the natural thing to do.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 01:42 PM

I hug and cheek kiss the females in our family and give a handshake with the men. My son's ex's mother insists on kissing me on the lips which is a little disconcerting !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 01:42 PM

Family = hug but other people a smile/handshake.

I don't like being touched by strangers.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I hug and cheek kiss the females in our family and give a handshake with the men. My son's ex's mother insists on kissing me on the lips which is a little disconcerting !
Ooooer - no missus - no
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 02:16 PM

Mostly a nod or a hand shake-I did allow my eldest nephew to give me a hug however on the day of Jen`s funeral. Uncle Stephan I have an over night bag and two bottles of scotch,would you like me stay?
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 03:27 PM

I didn't used to do. I don't remember ever getting a hug as a child so it wasn't a natural thing to do. I used to shy away from anyone approaching me with their arms out wide. Somehow the huggers seemed to sense it and back off. I must have given out some sort of signal that it was unwanted.

Nowadays I am just the opposite and hug friends and family whenever I get the chance. Hugs are lovely, especially when you're feeling a bit down.

I agree with Carol at our meeting, it was the natural thing to do even though we'd not met before.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Family = hug but other people a smile/handshake.

I don't like being touched by strangers.

Ooh no Meg, I wouldn't appreciate a perfect stranger grabbing me for a hug thankyou, but I'm a very huggy sort with people I care about.
When I was younger, I used to say that was one of the reasons we were given arms - to hug with.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top