Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 10:42 AM

Greasy Knobs

Which product do you use to clean greasy hob and oven knobs ...... ?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 10:51 AM

Re: Greasy Knobs

oooooooooh Matron - you got me mind wandering there

I've a stainless steel hob and use Mr Muscle stainless steel cleaner, which is fab
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 11:09 AM

I use Hob Bright on my ceramic hob and washing up liquid on the knobs , anything stronger wears off the number markings .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 11:15 AM

I use Spray Flash with bleach. I use it in my bathroom too - and my white kitchen sink. It's my favourite cleaning product.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 11:23 AM

Meg I do agree that the stronger cleaners tend to removed the numbers. It's happened with mines.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I use Spray Flash with bleach. I use it in my bathroom too - and my white kitchen sink. It's my favourite cleaning product.
Oh I have some of that - will try that on me knobs
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Oh I have some of that - will try that on me knobs
Patsy be aware the cleaners containing bleach used regularly may remove the markings on the knobs.

All you really need is a degreaser and a little neat washing up liquid on a cloth should work just fine
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-10-2014, 01:26 PM

Will try the washing up liquid first - I bet its that simple ........
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

04-10-2014, 01:39 PM

I think when cleaning we can use 'overkill' these days.

When I went on holiday this year with my family we stayed in an old farm house in Devon and it was stated that cleaning products would be provided. I usually take a crate of things with us including bleach , loo cleaner and a cleaner for every purpose.

When we arrived we found the only cleaner available wash washing up liquid. The farm had a septic tank and many cleaners including those with bleach impeded the process of the bacteria in the tank.

I did go out and buy Jiff for stubborn marks on the cooker but other than that managed ok and none of us died
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-10-2014, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think when cleaning we can use 'overkill' these days.

When I went on holiday this year with my family we stayed in an old farm house in Devon and it was stated that cleaning products would be provided. I usually take a crate of things with us including bleach , loo cleaner and a cleaner for every purpose.

When we arrived we found the only cleaner available wash washing up liquid. The farm had a septic tank and many cleaners including those with bleach impeded the process of the bacteria in the tank.

I did go out and buy Jiff for stubborn marks on the cooker but other than that managed ok and none of us died
Yes agree with that - threw out the kitchen cleaners last week, left me with microcloths, then I thought - what about me knobs !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top