Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 11:54 PM

Shutting out the night..

It doesn't matter how dark it gets - I never close my curtains & blinds.
The large bay window looks over the garden and the two side windows which face onto a lane, are high up as there are steps up to the house - anybody wanting to see through would have to jump up & down.

I don't like that closed in feel but I suppose if we were overlooked we'd have to close them.

Do you close your curtains as soon as it gets dark?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 01:05 AM

Re: Shutting out the night..

Depends on how much people are willing to pay to watch us through a window
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 05:01 AM

Yes, we always close them when it gets dark, I think it makes you feel more cosy.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 07:28 AM

Our house is slightly 'upside down' with the lounge upstairs. This gives us nice views but still gives us privacy. We have a multi-fuel stove in the lounge and good double glazed windows so rarely close the curtains unless it's, as we say, the weather's 'guy dreich'.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 08:15 AM

We're in the boonies, can't see the neighbours, have no street lights, and are surrounded by trees.
I've never worried about closing the curtains at night as our 3 'alarm' dogs have always let us know when anybody or anything has got near the house.
But now they're getting older, I've noticed they're not as alert as they once were, so I've been closing the curtains.
It is definitely cosy doing so, especially now it's getting darker a lot earlier.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 08:42 AM

Yes, I definitely close them. I don't want anyone looking into my lounge. Mum would never close hers, and I always felt uncomfortable and vulnerable. And it was only in one flat she was in an upper level.

Both the old house, the park home and her last two homes...either a one level, or ground floor. All able for someone to peer through the windows! Eeeek.

I like closing them for the cosiness, too.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Yes, we always close them when it gets dark, I think it makes you feel more cosy.
Same here
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 08:56 AM

Never close mine. But I have no neighbours and nobody walking near enough to my house for them to see in. I like to wake in the morning and see the lovely view of the sea from my bedroom.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 09:18 AM

I close the blinds as my flat is overlooked. My partner lives in the country and he doesn't have to as it's very private.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 10:29 AM

Always close ours as soon as it gets dark, like others have said, it makes it feel more cosy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top