Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 04:22 PM

Holiday Insurance

Today we decided we'd book the insurance we got a quote for about a week ago as it seemed the best, most open deal we could find.
It wasn't the cheapest but trying to get details on some of these sites is a nightmare!

Anyway, from the email from AXA I received last week, I clicked and went to log-in on their site.

First problem - it no longer recognises my email address or maybe my password, so I have to request a new log-in, very odd.

OK, I'm in and locate my saved quote and view it to make sure I've got it all OK and got to BUY.

I go through all the stages then get to payment, type in my card number and up comes Verified by Visa but it freezes and the transaction is cancelled!

I try again - same thing happens so i try another card.

This time I get Verified by Visa up and enter the required info but it cancels the transaction twice again, saying wrong Memorable Name.

I go to the Bank site, type in that same memorable Name and find it is OK so I assume that it's Verified by Visa's site - (shite?) - that's causing the problem.

We end up trying my wife's card and it works!

I sent my Bank an email, explaining this problem and they've replied saying they've unblocked my Verified by Visa clearance but do not tell me why this happened in the first place when all the info I supplied was correct, and they confirmed that fact.

The thing is, with all this heightened security lately, if I was not at home but in dire need of clearance and / or money, where would this have left me?

Both my bank cards were rejected and blocked and there was no way I was about to use / risk my Credit Card being blocked too!

This isn't the first time I've come across this kind of failure so one wonders, in this cashless society we are living in, what the Hell you can do to avoid this nonsense?!

At the moment I've got my other bank card blocked so it's useless until the Co-op wake up and sort it for me!

I could be in dire straits but the digital world doesn't give a f..... damn does it?! stevmk2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 11:52 AM

Re: Holiday Insurance

The Nationwide dealt with my card being blocked by Verified by Visa in 3 hours!
Makes a change from their usual slow response times but apparently it's new policy.

I've checked my smile account and they've also cleared the problem on my smile card - took them a bit longer but they email from them was time 21:18 yesterday night, again a lot better than before.

The only thing that I do not know is why Verified by Visa rejected two of my bank cards, (different banks!), yet accepted my wife's smile card using the same computer!

I've just seen a lot of internet posts complaining about people having problems with Verified by Visa but they all seem a bit dated so the reference by one person that there are problems with Nationwide Cards may no longer be relevant now.

I've also seen more references to the security software on peoples' computers causing problems with Verified by Visa online transactions too but that falls flat too as it accepted my wife's card!
This will remain a mystery and I'll just have to hope it is all sorted-out! stevmk2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2014, 12:50 PM

Blimey, what a palaver!

Hope the bank/s sort you out.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

04-10-2014, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Blimey, what a palaver!
Hope the bank/s sort you out.
By chance, I wanted to buy something online today and they are now Verified by Visa too, so I was a bit apprehensive, but it all went through OK and so Nationwide must have sorted it but, as I said, I've no idea why it knocked me back on two different Bank Cards!

I'm buying an amplifier with a neck loop you to use with my Hearing Aids because my hearing's getting so bad now that I need all the help I can get.

My wife wants me to get it because I'm getting so stressed!

It actually has a tone control, which should help a bit 'cos my one for the TV doesn't and so it's a bit limited as my Hearing Loss is predominantly high frequency and that's typical human voice range. stevmk2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top