Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 09:36 PM

Window Seats

If you travel by train or bus or plane, do you slap your partner silly, to see who gets the window seat?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 09:45 PM

Re: Window Seats

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
If you travel by train or bus or plane, do you slap your partner silly, to see who gets the window seat?
No AC, not me my hubby is the perfect gentleman and always gives me the window seat
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 10:20 PM

No - I prefer an aisle seat - I have long legs!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 04:51 AM

When flying we take it in turns. I never use buses.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 05:51 AM

When I fly I always ask for an aisle seat, I like to be able to stand in the aisle during the flight when things are quiet.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 09:52 AM

I always used to go for the window seat when we were flying, but one of the times we had to sit across the aisle from each other.

Since then we have opted for this option it means we can both get up when we want and if someone falls asleep you don't have to wait for them to wake up.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 11:34 AM

Nice to see you back from your jollies AC. I always book the window
seat as I like looking out of the window. My only problem is when the
Sun is shining full blast on you it can get hot near the window. That's on
any transport.
I wouldn't slap anyone to get near the window though. I would just tell
them nicely it was my seat or else
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Hi Paula hope you are well where have you been recently

Hopefully I'll never need to use a train, bus, or plane again, I did enjoy flying many years ago when you were treated like someone special, now that's all changed.

Anyway, when I was using aeroplanes nearly every month (Sometimes every week) I always opted for the window seat, I used to love watching the ground disappear below when taking off, and observe the movement of the aircraft wings, and of course the views comming in to land could be wonderful. Some of the airports were just a grass strip in the jungle, pilot often had to go round twice to avoid an elephant
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 04:49 PM

I am another who prefers the aisle seat when flying. So much nicer to be able to move around when you want to without disturbing anyone else. On other modes of transport I don't think it matters much as you can see out the window easily enough from most seats.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 08:16 AM

Always window seat to look out at the fantastic views. But I travel alone mostly so it's not a problem but Mum and I would usually swap about quite happily.

People who have a window but don't use it are wasting the seat. I could be sitting in it, LOL!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top