Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 09:53 AM

Jewish Community Stamford Hill

Have you heard the latest news in the Jewish Community in Stamford Hill, London. N16.

Being that my Husband comes from Stamford Hill, we were interested in the article.

Most of the people in Stamford Hill are Orthodox Jewish Community, and an group of Orthodox Jews has put up posters all around the town on lamp posts, fences & cable boxes, reading in, Hebrew and English.

'WOMEN ARE TO WALK ON THIS SIDE OF THE ROAD ONLY'

Of course there was uproar with the English people about this, and there were complaints sent into the Council.

The Council has said that this is unsatisfactory, and that the posters will all have to come down. Women in this Country are free to walk wherever they like, its a Free Country. Do not expect English people to have to same Law as Jewish people please, and with that the Council has taken the Posters down.

Don't you think the Jews have got a cheek, asking Women to walk on one side only, I know the Jewish Women have to, but not the English as well.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 09:57 AM

Re: Jewish Community Stamford Hill

That's quite a change from the Jewish community, compared to years ago
Seems to me they've been influenced by our laxed approach in 'recent' years

Before anyone corrects me on my grammar - I like 'laxed' as a word
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 09:58 AM

This very much surprises me, I just wonder if it was indeed a jewish person who erected them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 09:59 AM

If that's the case Venus - I'm sure they will speak out ......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 09:59 AM

Hi Susie firstly are you sure this is true and not a joke . Have you got a link to the source of the story please.
Secondly people can put up bits of paper , it doesn't mean anyone has to take any notice unless it is posted by a recognised authority.

I suppose it makes a change from divisive stories circulated about muslims, there are people out there who are so xenophobic they will start stories about any minority group to stir up hatred .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-09-2014, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Susie firstly are you sure this is true and not a joke . Have you got a link to the source of the story please.
Secondly people can put up bits of paper , it doesn't mean anyone has to take any notice unless it is posted by a recognised authority.I suppose it makes a change from divisive stories circulated about muslims, there are people out there who are so xenophobic they will start stories about any minority group to stir up hatred .
I think theres a limit Meg
The truth will out ....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 10:11 AM

I wondered that too Venus. It may be someone trying to stir up trouble.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by venus ->
This very much surprises me, I just wonder if it was indeed a jewish person who erected them.
That was my view on it too Venus,strikes me as a trouble causer put them up ...perhaps a nazi group .
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 10:37 AM

Is it April the first?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-09-2014, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
That was my view on it too Venus,strikes me as a trouble causer put them up ...perhaps a nazi group .
It certainly doesn't ring true - the Jewish community have always been quiet and respectful - hope that is still the case ....... Have not been to London for many years - have no desire to either .......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top