Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 03:51 PM

Party Night

It was my 2nd granddaughter's 18th yesterday and her party tonight.

The problem is somehow I did something to my back yesterday so I can't sit down for anything longer than a few minutes without it being very painful getting up and moving again!

I can't believe that this has happened now of all times.

We went around to see her yesterday and give her card etcetera and I sat down on their settee.

I noticed it was a bit more uncomfortable than usual but never thought anything of it until I tried getting up!

I think somehow I've trapped a nerve or something but it's so annoying when we are supposed to be celebrating tonight!

I know the noise at the party will over-power my Aids but the family are used to me reading lips or following basic signs when I just can't hear but this will hamper me no end!

Better get up again now or I'll seize up again! stevmk2
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 04:01 PM

Re: Party Night

Young ladies dancing all over me?-that would tax my back as well!!

But think on-I hated my father with a passion you cannot imagine-family dos?-f7ck them.

Life may not have been kind to you but you have a family you love-I cannot imagine what that must be worth
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 04:33 PM

You have my sympathy with your back Steve. I used to get severe back ache so bad that I couldn't stand up for longer than 2 minutes, I used to have to crawl to get anywhere. It never gets that bad these days but it might ache for a couple of days for no apparent reason.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 05:01 PM

Ye gods Steve do your tales of woe never end, you must be the unluckiest bloke north of Watford! What happened, you kill a busload of black cats or something...

Seriously though, any time you ever feel your back go then immediately slap an ice pack on the pain, and keep it cold for at least the first couple of hours, this stops the body's reflex of sending blood to the area which in turn causes swelling which exasipates the pain and recovery time. After the first couple of hours you can allow the area to warm up. One other tip is not to put the pack directly onto the skin, wrap it in a teatowel or similar or you will frost burn your skin.

It's always worked for us, although too late to help you for tonight, maybe let the kids head up the disco dancing for a change..
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Ye gods Steve do your tales of woe never end, you must be the unluckiest bloke north of Watford!
In a nutshell, Yes, that's exactly what I think PM; it's definitely not a persecution complex!

If it's going to happen, it happens to me and that's why I tend to be such a pessimist.

Thanks very much for the detailed treatment plan!
I've no idea what caused this and I'd rather it went and this morning it's bit better and it's probably down to doing what you said - plus ibuprofen to get me through last night.

Nobody realised noticed I was struggling a bit, which is good as it was my granddaughter's do and I didn't want the focus of attention to be too far away from her because she deserved this.

Her family is struggling at the moment yet she found herself a part-time job and works there and chips into the family finances despite still being at school.

She's University material but she's saying she doesn't want that and would prefer to make her own way but we all know why; she's such a great kid!

Everything went off really well and I was impressed by her friends; she's got a lot of good ones.

I spent most of the night on my feet, just in case and avoided any dancing, mainly because discos are always so loud that I can't make out a tune or a beat to dance too anyway!

No adverse effects to alcohol either as I didn't drink in case I was needed to ferry people about! stevmk2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 11:28 PM

Hope you feel better soon Steve. I've had back trouble on and off for about 15 years, so I know how miserable it can be.
Luckily I have an excellent chiropractor who sorts me out if it gets too bad. I walk out of her place feeling 10 years younger - can't be bad ey!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top