Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 01:06 PM

Knives, Toys & Friends

I spent Monday running around with my friend, Warren,taking care of after Christmas chores. I bought myself a good Kai Shun chef's knife for Christmas that I promptly ruined by not knowing how to care for it. It's made of high carbon steel so you can't let it dry after washing in the dish rack. It rusted through the edge causing pitted holes all over the place. We took it to the Kershaw Kai Shun factory in Tualitin, OR for warranty sharpening. They offer free sharpening for the life of ownership. How cool is that?

While that was being done we headed to our favorite electronics store, Fry's. There I purchased a few computer cables and a bluetooth headset to use with my cellphone. Warren is extremely techie and programmed my Garmin GPS to connect with my phone as well as the new bluetooth headset. I can now be listening to my music, get a phone call, and these gadgets take over the stereo & allow me to wirelessly talk to the caller. There's a new law going into effect January 1 demanding hands-free phone use while driving or else they'll be a $140 fine handed out. They gadgets were only $25.

I've gotten spoiled by my new Garmin Nvi 1490T GPS. It was a free gift from my scooter dealer when I purchased my Piaggio BV250 Touring scooter. I'm bringing that scooter in today for its first service and to have a set of heated handgrips installed. They were a Christmas gift from Warren.

All-in-all it was a busy day that got a lot accomplished. My knife is new again, my phone/stereo/gps talk to me & I had a lot of fun running around in Herbie, my new Smart car.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 02:48 PM

Re: Knives, Toys & Friends

Sounds like you had a busy day Bob - post pics of your knife... cos I want to get a good chefs knife too!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 04:32 PM

Your thread title would make a great film title!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 04:42 PM

Although it sounds a bit like a horror movie DM toys that use knives to kill your friends!

/Sorry Bob for going off topic!/
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2009, 06:30 PM

I like the sound of the heated hand grips, could do with something like that on my steering wheel!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2009, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Sounds like you had a busy day Bob - post pics of your knife... cos I want to get a good chefs knife too!

Here's a good place to buy Kai Shun knives. I bought the Shun Classic 7" chef's knife.

http://www.metrokitchen.com/category...classic-knives
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2010, 10:31 AM

Happy cooking with that knife! Sounds like you had a good day - wish some of our drivers over here would heed the law that they must use headsets on their mobies! I've seen bus drivers talking on their mobies with one hand and driving with the other! So much for that law here!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top