Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 11:14 PM

Sleepwalking

Have you ever sleepwalked, or have you ever seen someone sleepwalking? What causes it I wonder?
No particular reason for asking, it just seems such a strange thing to do.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 11:20 PM

Re: Sleepwalking

My cousin used to sleepwalk when she was a little girl.
She got out of the locked front door once and they had to put a clothes horse and chair in front of it.

I also remember when my son was little he would get up and go to the loo without waking up .
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 11:23 PM

I used to have night terrors as a child and once apparently locked myself in the bathroom and couldn't get out. My parents spent over an hour trying to talk me through unlocking the door. I didn't remember a thing!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 11:26 PM

What are night terrors Ania? Are they the same as nightmares?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 11:27 PM

My daughter was a sleep walker when she was a child and would often come down stairs talk a load of gibberish to us then go back to bed.She never remembered it next morning.There was one night i could hear her shouting and when i looked in on her she was trying to get out the bedroom window cause she was dreaming the house was on fire..That un-nerved me a little .
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What are night terrors Ania? Are they the same as nightmares?
No, night terrors are more severe and usually involve activity other than just dreaming. Hence I walked at times...And apparently screamed once!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-09-2014, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
My daughter was a sleep walker when she was a child and would often come down stairs talk a load of gibberish to us then go back to bed.She never remembered it next morning.There was one night i could hear her shouting and when i looked in on her she was trying to get out the bedroom window cause she was dreaming the house was on fire..That un-nerved me a little .

Yes, I bet that did un-nerve you as well. Lucky you looked in when you did ey.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Have you ever sleepwalked, or have you ever seen someone sleepwalking? What causes it I wonder?
No particular reason for asking, it just seems such a strange thing to do.
I haven't but my brother often did and either ended up in the wardrobe or in my mum's bed naked beside her and my stepfather!
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 05:48 AM

My daughter did it twice when she was real excited about something happening the next day.
She would talk away as if it was the start of a new day, and after the initial shock, I talked back to her the same, while leading her back to bed.
She never remembered any of it the next day.
It was the dogs we had at the time that alerted me to her being up, as both times it was around 2-3 am. She probably would've been ok, but I'm glad they alerted me!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 06:13 AM

Sleep walkers often do not remember...........It`s University in a block of self accommodation,around midnight I get a knock on my door. Hello xxxxx. He walks straight past me and pees in the loo,then leaves. He denied it ever happened but I was there it was my room and my shared loo.

Last heard of as a Maths lecturer-if I saw him tomorrow he would deny it ever happened.

Night terrors are a bit different been there-it`s a kind of nightmare when part of you knows it is a dream but you cannot move,you try to yell to wake yourself -you finally wake covered in sweat with a very rapid heartbeat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top