Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2014, 11:07 PM

Granddad and grandmother

Ok still fairly new to all this the eldest grandchild being 3 years old.

To me it is hard to accept I am a grandparent , Don't feel old enough to be one. Very very strange trying to get my head around it still
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2014, 11:16 PM

Re: Granddad and grandmother

why should it be hard? you are a parent and that brings its own trials and tribulations, grandchildren are to be enjoyed from a distance I would think
Perhaps it's more to do with age, some feel older when the grandchildren arrive, you'll probably feel prehistoric when they have kids too!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2014, 11:34 PM

I think you'd better start feeling old enough bazza because it's a fact.

I was a grandma before I was 40 (39 actually) It didn't make me feel old at all. When I took my grandson out people assumed he was my baby - I never told them I was his granny.

It's lovely to be a young grandparent - you should make the most of it..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I was a grandma before I was 40 (39 actually) It didn't make me feel old at all. When I took my grandson out people assumed he was my baby - I never told them I was his granny.
Ha ha... I was a parent to my second family after 40 so I suspect a lot of people assumed I was a grandparent when I picked them up from school.

Now I really am a grandparent I love it, I don't have to change nappies (well, only rarely), they come to visit only weekly (ish) and when I am fed up with them I can give them back. Perfect!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Ok still fairly new to all this the eldest grandchild being 3 years old.

To me it is hard to accept I am a grandparent , Don't feel old enough to be one. Very very strange trying to get my head around it still
You will be so important to a childs life, the memory of you will carry forever - get it right !
Happy grandparenting
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 06:42 AM

My Grandparenting skills commenced 27 years ago. I now have 8 Grandkids..7 girls and 1 boy..and 5 Great Grandkids..3 boys and 2 girls. I wouldn't change a thing. Love them all to bits and see them as often as I can. Frequent visits and sleepovers keep my wife and I young I think.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 06:49 AM

Being a grandparent has nowt to do with age!
Let that part go, and enjoy them!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 05:28 PM

Love being Nannan to my little grandson, also 3, can't beat it for keeping me fit and a young outlook, wonderful!!

You'll soon wonder what life was all about pre grandchildren!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 05:38 PM

I had friends who have grandchildren and they love them to bits. I'm looking forward to it. My partner has a wee grandson and I'm so very fond of him. It's definitely put me more in the notion to be a granny
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 08:28 PM

It's terrific I highly recommend it, they give you a whole new lease of life, nothing you can do about age, but you can always enjoy your grandkids no matter how old or young you are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top