Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 04:57 PM

refurbished bathroom

new bathroom just the floor now and shaver light/socket to do

as it used to be
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 05:25 PM

Re: refurbished bathroom

Same white tiles that i went for when we did our Bathroom last year floor to ceiling , giving it a crisp clean look , i didnt have a break of the colour though ,,im wondering what colour floor you are having ,i went for Black slate look
Also what light fitting , ??
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 07:12 PM

Very nice Bazza, quite a transformation
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 10:19 PM

Yes I am pleased with it, just a couple of things more to do the tiler and plumbers did a good job. Just got to have the floor laid ( carpet right) are coming tomorrow to measure up that and a bedroom for a new carpet. Electrician to fixed shaver/light unit and the bottom of the shower side panel had a manufacture fault as well as a hinge on a cupboard door which has to be fixed.
Just one other thing the plumber tried carrying tools in both hand down the stairs which they had put a plastic carpet protector on,
yes he slipped at the top of the stairs and a tool bag went straight into a plaster board wall making a large hole which they will now have to repair.
Yes annoying sure, but its happened and he is ok which is the main thing.

Don't know if it is old age or what but my first thoughts were for his welfare not a hole in a wall which can hopefully be fixed. 20 or 30 years ago more than likely I would have hit the roof but I have to say I suprised myself with my reaction.
The main contractor I rang straight away after seeing the guy was ok to get into a health and safety book he would have. You can't be too careful about getting things recorded properly with Health and Safety etc.

So that now has to be repaired to our satisfaction or a complete re skim
of the whole large wall.

Still got some windows to sort out ,hopefully the widow people will be here next week as well and spoke to a neighbour who is a chimney sweep (amongst other things). Seems the previous owners burnt anything on the fire in the lounge and 2 years ago he had to go and actually scrape they chimney lining ( like a drain pipe inside) because it gunged it up so much.
So when he can he will do it for us in a free time, but we are in no rush. What I didn' know is a cleaned chimney done by a professional gets a certificate saying what when and how it was cleaned.

Yes seems silly but he said insurance companies now can refuse to pay out if one cannot prove a chimney is not cleaned as I mentioned. Something to be aware of, as I said I didn't know but I did know about windows having to have a FENSA certificate and one upstairs having to open 90 degrees as a fire escape.

All these new rules and regulations makes ones head spin.

Since Last November 2013 when we had a buyer for our kennels and bungalow the move and house sorting has been non stop, what with 4 aerials off the roof door locks sorted windows central heating bathroom bedrooms (carpets and redecoration) getting to the stage now when we shall be pleased it is all over and done with.

At least we are having a break in the near future and off to Brazil for a couple of weeks to see number two son and d-in-law and the grandchildren plus her family.

So many people have problems with inlaws and their families, but guess My wife and I are lucky we love them all to bits and visa versa even though language is a bit of a problem. That is when son and D-in-law help out as translators. I would go as far to say having a daughter in law is like having a daughter one never had. We are so so lucky.

Don't I ramble on a bit once I get going? sorry about that
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-09-2014, 10:37 PM

View from front of house

This is where we stay in Brazil when we go out there, it belongs to d-in law. It is in a armed gated community ( not to stop us escaping )

Have to admit we do feel rather "posh " out there even though we are not, a lot of other properties around have their own helicopters and landing pads and it seems strange watching them land in a garden.
Picture 3 is just the barbecue area bit, yes a complete building with kitchen - toilets- pump room for swimming pool etc..

My son D-in-law and grandchildren relaxing in a hotel pool

lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 09:22 AM

The bathroom looks great!
I'm real jealous of that nice ledge by the window. I'd have plants there in a jiffy!

You have a lovely happy family!
Enjoy your upcoming trip to Brazil !
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

12-09-2014, 10:10 AM

Thank you

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top