Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 05:48 PM

Avatar, directed by James Cameran, is showing in theaters now. It has shattered all records for its first weekend opening. My friend an I attended an afternoon 2D showing and can see why the movie is drawing huge crowds.

I go to a lot of movies. My senior discount at Regal Theaters gets me in for $6.50-$7.50 making it affordable. This movie was so well thought out, developing the plot's characters deeply, causing a personal attachment from the viewer. The transition from high tech animation to live footage was so smooth that I couldn't wait for the next animated chapter.

It's a good guy versus a bad guy theme with a predictably intense final confrontation. The movie was long because of the level of detail & storytelling but nobody minded. I felt this was the best film of the year, easily. I highly recommend it.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 05:50 PM

Re: Avatar Rocks

Yes - we are hoping to see it before we go off on holiday/vacation
I've heard nothing but good reviews (from ordinary folk, not critics)
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Yes - we are hoping to see it before we go off on holiday/vacation
I've heard nothing but good reviews (from ordinary folk, not critics)
I'm ordinary folks!!!!

Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 08:10 PM

Lol that pic always makes me
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 09:29 PM

I went to see this film last week and thought it was fantastic. It was so innovative and the almost three hours just flew by. It certainly did not seem over long and for once no-one in the cinema moved or talked. The 3D effects were remarkable and one soon forgot that it was 3D, you were so immersed in the film and the entire spectacle of it. I would heartily recommend this to all. There were all ages represented in the cinema from young children to people of my age. Go see it, but it must be seen in 3D.
Jamies Dachshunds
North Carolina, USA
Jamies Dachshunds is female  Jamies Dachshunds has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Avatar, directed by James Cameran, is showing in theaters now. It has shattered all records for its first weekend opening. My friend an I attended an afternoon 2D showing and can see why the movie is drawing huge crowds.

I go to a lot of movies. My senior discount at Regal Theaters gets me in for $6.50-$7.50 making it affordable. This movie was so well thought out, developing the plot's characters deeply, causing a personal attachment from the viewer. The transition from high tech animation to live footage was so smooth that I couldn't wait for the next animated chapter.

It's a good guy versus a bad guy theme with a predictably intense final confrontation. The movie was long because of the level of detail & storytelling but nobody minded. I felt this was the best film of the year, easily. I highly recommend it.
Sounds great! Thanks for the review!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 10:34 AM

We're going to see the 3D version on Thursday - I'm really looking forward!
(memo to self - take ear plugs; I find the cinema sound systems very difficult)
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 05:29 PM

Finally saw this last weekend (in 3D of course!). Thought it was absolutely fantastic, but TOO LONG. Really could have been 1/2 hour shorter.

But still, what a great film, and definitely deserving of some Oscars!

I have to admit, I feel a little disappointed that in 2010, we STILL have to wear special glasses to view 3D - you'd think somehow the technology would have moved on by now. Mind you, I have a feeling it's an awful lot better than what moviegoers saw in the 50's
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2010, 08:41 AM

Noisy yes but what a great production! The 3D and special effects made an impression on me. I went with our grandson (he's 20) who'd seen it 3 times before. How ridiculous I thought. Now that I've seen it though, I could easily be talked into going to see it again. The child in me isn't dead yet

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top