Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 10:52 PM

Swimming with the dolphins

Swimming with the dolphins.

This is my grand daughter Taylor & her mum, my daughter in law Paula - taken a few days ago at a water park near Benidorm. Next time I go to Benidorm I'd love to do it..

Has anybody here swam with the dolphins?

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 11:06 PM

Re: Swimming with the dolphins

What a lovely experience for them, Carol.

I would love to have tried that but unfortunately I can't swim
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 11:15 PM

I have. Three times in Florida, last time was back last December. Although the best time was when we went to Key Largo which is south of Miami. The swimming requirement is you must be able to hold yourself in deep water (treading water), you cannot be pregnant as the Dolphin will sense it and let them know if you have anything like a pacemaker or artificial joint (which I have). That's not an issue but can cause a change in the Dolphin's behaviour as they are extremely curious and it can cause distractions.
In Orlando, they have a dolphin experience where non-swimmers go into knee-deep water where there is a submerged shelf where the dolphin will go onto and you can stroke it and give it a cuddle. For me, being in the water with them and have them come up to you, give you a fin to hold onto and then pull you around the enclosure and other stuff like that, it was quite a life-changing experience where you appreciate what wonderful creatures they are.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 12:03 AM

Lovely photos Carol. Mundomar is a really nice place, an excellent day out, I love it there. I bet your granddaughter had a brilliant time.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 12:19 AM

Yes she loved it Loretta. Swimming with the dolphins was a massive thrill for her. (and for her mummy too)
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 01:40 AM

I can't swim either so your not alone MAGS. Apparently when I was about 3 years old I nearly drowned in an uncles fishpond and it was an older cousin pulled me out. Ever since then I can't stand water over my face, I start to panic and gasp for air. Silly I know but I have got used to living with it.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 01:50 AM

What a wonderful experience!

I've not swam with them, but have been on a boat (in NZ) when a whole bunch of them were swimming all around.
That alone was a delight, so can imagine how much better it would be to actually be in the water with them.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 04:25 AM

I love seeing these beautiful mammals, rare treat as they pass down the North sea, but im dammed if im swimming 2 miles out to sea on the off chance one will pass by, anyhoo hypothermia would have set in long before i made it
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 09:09 AM

Yes I have too Carol, a couple of years ago. was awesome but a little scary too as they are so big when in the water with them. Had a kiss from mine...nice
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 11:46 PM

I have an aversion to this practice as it involves keeping dolphins in captivity, which I think is wrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top