Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 12:21 AM

Only in Britain and America and probably other places too

Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

And the most British thing of all? Suspicion of anything foreign.

Oh and......

Only in Britain... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

Only in Britain... do supermarkets make sick people walk all the way to the back of the shop to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

Only in Britain... do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a DIET coke.

Only in Britain... do banks leave both doors open and chain the pens to the counters.

Only in Britain... do we leave cars worth thousands of pounds on the drive and lock our junk and cheap lawn mower in the garage.

Only in Britain... do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

Only in Britain... are there disabled parking places in front of a skating rink.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 04:12 AM

Re: Only in Britain and America and probably other places too

LOL, loved them!!!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 11:04 AM

A car was involved in an accident in a street. As expected a large crowd
gathered. A Daily Mail reporter anxious to get his story could
not get near the car. Being a clever sort, he started shouting loudly, "Let
me through! Let me through! I am the son of the victim." The crowd made way
for him.
Lying in front of the car was a donkey!!
Jamies Dachshunds
North Carolina, USA
Jamies Dachshunds is female  Jamies Dachshunds has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 02:23 PM

I loved them both! Thanks for the monday morning giggle! (It's just 8:30 am here!)
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 05:19 PM

Very good
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

28-12-2009, 05:19 PM

Brilliant great to know I made you laugh. My son lives in Garner North Carolina so I hope the weather is better. I spoke to them over Christmas and it had rained and rained for about 6 hours.
Jamies Dachshunds
North Carolina, USA
Jamies Dachshunds is female  Jamies Dachshunds has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Brilliant great to know I made you laugh. My son lives in Garner North Carolina so I hope the weather is better. I spoke to them over Christmas and it had rained and rained for about 6 hours.
Well the sun is shinning today.... very WINDY.. but heck... sun is sun ...and it's way better then snow or rain!!!!

If your son visits my website he can see were I am located. I'm not sure where Garner is but my husband probably does! I'm origianlly from San Diego, California!

www.dachshundsbreeders.com
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

28-12-2009, 07:18 PM

I loved San Diego we started a trip there and went on to Las Vegas where the same son got married. We then went on to Arizona and Sedona it was the trip of a life time. I have seen a lot of America but I fell in love with California and Oregon. Garner, I think is in Raliegh.
Jamies Dachshunds
North Carolina, USA

28-12-2009, 07:27 PM

Well I was born and raised in San Diego.... became a widow and moved my youngest son out here in 2002 because I could not afford 15 acres in San Diego. I wanted to raise mini dachshunds and so thats what I do! I fly out to San Diego at least 3-4 times a year to visit my family. I'm actually going in April after my Febuary trip to London! I'm going to be a traveling fool in 2010!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

28-12-2009, 09:31 PM

I love fools I hope you have a very very special time in London.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top