Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:13 AM

Happy Good Feeling

Do you ever experience this wash of happiness that suddenly covers you - I have.
Its strange to say the least, every day is pretty much the same for me and yet suddenly this feeling comes over me, unfortunately not very often, but it is such a good feeling when it does happen.
Wish we could all experience it more often, cant explain at all why it happens.
Have been very 'down' lately, so could have done with this, hope others have experienced it ........
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:31 AM

Re: Happy Good Feeling

Och patsy sorry to hear you've felt down. Its a rotten feeling. I do know what you mean about the happy feeling. I think its what keeps most of us from sinking completely. Its like our own built in battery charger that appears when we really need it to. Thank goodness for it!!

When you've felt down, then feel happy, then that feeling can be overwhelming. I hope the feeling stays with you
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:35 AM

No Patsy cant say that i have, certain events lift my spirits but happiness is not how i would describe it. Pride for a job well done, contentment with the way things are perhaps its a mind set that prevents me from experiencing happiness, closest i got was the birth of my son.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:38 AM

Yes Patsy - some days I do get feelings of happiness & contentment for no particular reason.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Yes Patsy - some days I do get feelings of happiness & contentment for no particular reason.
Pleased to hear it - it is strange, you're going about your business or just sitting quietly and it suddenly washes over you, for absolutely 'no' reason- wish it would happen more often or you could will it too - what a bonus that would be ....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:50 AM

Patsy I am sorry you have been feeling down

Looking at it logically, if we didn't have times when we feel 'down' we probably wouldn't experience the moments of happiness to the same extent because we wouldn't have the two 'extremes' to make the comparison.

On 'down' days (which I rarely get now) I always try to find one positive thing on which to focus it could be a flower or a bird just some small thing which gives me pleasure.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

31-08-2014, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Patsy I am sorry you have been feeling down

Looking at it logically, if we didn't have times when we feel 'down' we probably wouldn't experience the moments of happiness to the same extent because we wouldn't have the two 'extremes' to make the comparison.

On 'down' days (which I rarely get now) I always try to find one positive thing on which to focus it could be a flower or a bird just some small thing which gives me pleasure.
Oh I agree Meg - that's why I love this place, the pictures are very uplifting. Just wondered if others had experienced this feeling too, that washes over for no reason. I've not experienced it for some time.
But the forum is the next best thing
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 10:04 AM

Patsy, sorry you have been "down" of late .
H Here is little wave to you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Oh I agree Meg - that's why I love this place, the pictures are very uplifting. Just wondered if others had experienced this feeling too, that washes over for no reason. I've not experienced it for some time.
But the forum is the next best thing
Patsy I guess we all have.
There are those days when everything feels a 'chore' .On other days we experience unexpected moments of happiness ...
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 10:54 AM

Setting the scene .... I have not been well lately, two operations leaving me weak and quite frankly feeling rough ..... yesterday the sun shone and I trimmed a box hedge and tidied a few things, then sat on my bench..... suddenly I felt so smug and a smile crossed my face as I thought 'I did that!'

Busy cooking today but the sun is still shining .... occasionally

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top