Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2014, 11:56 PM

Patriotic.

Has everything good about Great Britain gone down the spout? Would you get out if you could?
I wouldn't - even if I had the chance - other places might be better but they aren't home.
I am so patriotic - even seeing the white cliffs of Dover on my return from Belgium a couple of months ago - well I just filled up with emotion.

How patriotic are you?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 08:52 AM

Re: Patriotic.

Its more difficult to be patriotic as time goes on, so much has changed and not for the better.
Its very sad - but ask any old boy that fought in either war and they will hark back to when Britain was 'great' and see the reality of what they fought for in their eyes - they must be disappointed to say the least ....
Progress hasn't always been for the good, in a lot of ways it has destroyed what we once had.
I get emotional too - but in regards to 'the way we were'
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:36 AM

I've lived in Scotland all my life and I'm very patriotic. I never tire of it. I fill up when I hear bagpipes and also when out walking and see the beautiful scenery.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:39 AM

Im not patriotic, but i love my region. As for the UK been on a downward trend for many years.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 10:52 AM

Has everything good about Great Britain gone down the spout? Would you get out if you could?
Looking at other parts of the world and in spite of its faults I consider myself very lucky not only be living in GB but such a beautiful part of it with fields all around my house an the hills above me.

No, I wold never want to leave the peace and security of the 'shires' so to some extent I am Patriotic.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 11:34 AM

I think I am very patriotic, in fact I know I am, love this little old Country, flaws and all.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I am so patriotic - even seeing the white cliffs of Dover on my return from Belgium a couple of months ago - well I just filled up with emotion.
I am not sure that is patriotism at all, that is just the warm glow you get when you get home.

I love driving down Mount Ousley and getting that spectacular view over Wollongong and the blue Pacific after a trip overseas because I know I am home.

I certainly never got that warm glow when you landed at Sydney airport and had to sit in your seat while quarantine officials sprayed you and the plane in case you brought a foreign bug in with you. Thank goodness they gave that away a few years ago.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 08:26 PM

I love the people and the land I live in, but I hate all the greedy politicians we have ruining the place and lining their own pockets, if thats patriotism then I'm a patriot, if it's not then I'm not.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 09:06 PM

I used to be very unpatriotic about the UK - too many problems, too many people, government unable to fulfil promises, lies, deceit!

Life has changed incredibly since moving here and I'm definitely better off since my divorce. It's a holiday island and people come here to enjoy themselves - that includes residents. I love living close to the beach and find people are far more optimistic than on the mainland.

I still hate some of the things going on in government, there seems to be no personal integrity or decency in public office - a situation which should be resolved asap.

I'd recommend anyone planning their retirement to consider moving here.

BTW - there's an IOW flag too!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 10:33 PM

I am patriotic because I dislike being ripped off by Johnny Foreigner, but I don't mind being taken for a ride by English upper class Spivs.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top