Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Trixybird
West Sussex
Trixybird is female  Trixybird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 09:13 PM

Indulgence Over - Slimming World....

Hi All

How many of you will now be watching your diet, or even starting to attend Slimming Clubs ?

After a holiday in 2006 I was horrified to look at pictures and see the "fat me". So to give each other support we all enrolled at Weight Watchers, and all managed to achieve our target weights in 3 months.

3 years later, Christmas out the way, and we have all piled on the pounds again, so have decided January 5th ... Slimmers World - wish us luck x
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2009, 09:52 PM

Re: Indulgence Over - Slimming World....

Good luck!

I'm back on my detox but not for weight reasons - just because I have been eating too much crap the last few months.. such as M&S Rolly Polly puddings
Trixybird
West Sussex
Trixybird is female  Trixybird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 02:00 AM

Thanks Azz

I do so well during the year, but as soon as we hit the winter months all the cravings are for carbs...

As for M & S ... there extremelly chocolatey yule bites ( which I bought for my neices's) are very nice!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 11:39 AM

Good luck Trixybird on your Slimming next year I will be doing it as well next year as I think I will need a major op (hysterectomy) in the near future and I need to lose weight to be able to have a general anaesthetic, so I'm definitely gonna be trying hard next year. Maybe we could start a slimming thread in January, what do you reckon? I'm up for it.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 12:20 PM

No - I won`t be punishing myself for having enjoyed Christmas food . But I will be going back to eating in a healthier way.
But I`ll be doing it because I feel better that way. One of the greatest gifts of age is not giving a tinkers cuss about what you look like.
Trixybird
West Sussex

29-12-2009, 06:34 PM

I totally agree But always feel better maintaining a healthier weight
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 07:17 PM

I wont be slimming but will be eating healthier food again after the New Year.

Good luck to all of you who do though.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2010, 08:07 PM

Once this ice thaws, the growing season will start and I will be able to get back down the lottie, so the pounds I put on will drop off again as I dig for victory!

And I get to eat all the healthy produce too

So, no diet for me - just burn those calories off and eat what you want.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 12:28 PM

Watching all the slimming programmes on the telly makes me realise that the way to lose weight is to eat less and move more. That is all very well if you can move around. I try to get around as much as I can but the arthritis is really playing up during this cold weather and I am terrified of slipping so I don't even get to take my dog out. Thankfully we have a fairly big garden so he does spend a lot of time outside.

I have been low carbing for several months now and have lost 11lbs. I actually started the Atkins diet for my husband who is a diabetic. When he is doing Atkins his blood glucose levels go to normal and he immediately feels better.

However, during Christmas he fell off the wagon and it really shows. Don't get me wrong I am not worried about how we look now but I am worried that we live healthier lives. There is so much sugar in processed food it is unbelievable and sugar has no nutritional value and is actually harmful to health by making the body produce huge amounts of insulin until the pancreas just dosen't work any more.

Just as a matter of interest look at the sugar content of most low fat/diet foods it is enormous you will find sugar in everything from sauce you put on your breakfast to the chicken breasts you eat for dinner and of course sugar is addictive so consequently after a high sugar breakfast we are soon hungry again for a high sugar snack even if it is low fat. The truth is if you cut down on carbs you will feel less hungry and you will stabilize your blood sugar.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 07:34 PM

I'm still waiting to start my healthy eating, I'm a bit cheesed off at the moment with the weather and it making us a prisioner in our homes I hope to start it soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top