Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 10:04 AM

The eye of the beholder?

I`m no expert about art but I know what I like;Magritte,Grosz and Robert Tartin.

http://www.tourisme-mayenne.com/en/D...e-Robert-Tatin
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 10:11 AM

Re: The eye of the beholder?

There is a story behind the museum about Robert Tatin-Jenny spoke fluent French,the guide tried to speak English. This statue means he was a shit-No replies Jenny he was a cheat-oh merde
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 10:49 AM

I'd never come across Tartin before - the French must have been keeping him to themselves - really interesting stuff with a slight touch of Gaudi about it.
My own taste in art is quite catholic, but my particular favourites are Turner, Van Gogh and Picasso.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 11:15 AM

'fraid I'm not really into art other than I know what I like, I'm more of a science man.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
My own taste in art is quite catholic, but my particular favourites are Turner, Van Gogh and Picasso.
I was about to write almost the same thing though I would replace Picasso with Gauguin, not much of a Picasso fan
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I`m no expert about art but I know what I like;Magritte,Grosz and Robert Tartin.

http://www.tourisme-mayenne.com/en/D...e-Robert-Tatin
No, thank you, not for me.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

29-08-2014, 05:30 PM

As I said it`s all in the eye of the beholder-I`m also partial to a bit of Breugal.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 06:34 PM

The Robert Tatin Museum is a sort of Aztec meets Easter Island and the result to me is a kind of primitive art which is not displeasing to the eye.

Not a fan of Magritte or Grosz , to angular for me and I dislike Picasso.

My tastes are wide from the impressionists and portrait painters to the Pre-Raphaelites.

On my sitting room wall I have a large print of a painting by Jesse Arms Botke of geese and hollyhocks which I like..
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

29-08-2014, 07:38 PM

How did I discover Magritte? A song .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFnNbPePS1k
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
How did I discover Magritte? A song .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFnNbPePS1k
...and 'how did I' guess Stephan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top