Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 08:03 PM

Wallpapering

Well, I just tried to hang some wallpaper earlier and made a right juck of it as I thought I would. I'm hopeless at it and it's only to patch up 3 strips of paper, so that I can then emulsion the walls. Some women seem to love decorating, but I hate it. The rest of my flat gets into a tip when I'm decorating one room. Is it just me?

I wish I could win the lottery, even a wee bit, and get decoraters in. Sigh....................
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 08:22 PM

Re: Wallpapering

I couldn't do decorating Alice, painting yes, but not wallpapering.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 08:27 PM

I did most of the wallpapering in this Bungalow ,,,ceilings i need help with though .
I use to decorate every year when we both were smokers,painted and wallpapered,then we both packed up smoking and the need to decorate was less..I took on all the home makers jobs cause i worked a few hours a week ,hubby worked full time.
I did enjoy decorating but i can turn a .
Blind eye to it now ..
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 08:27 PM

Thanks Susie. Glad to know it's not just me. My friend at work does all her own decorating, even plastering, rewiring, plumbing, and loves it. She has offered to help, but she has enough to do in her own house.

I'm thinking to myself that it's like everything else - some people love or hate things and are good and rubbish at things. I'm rubbish at decorating. It's a fact!
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 09:32 PM

I always had to help my dad do the wallpapering as he and mum used to fall out if they did it together
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 09:47 PM

I've done all necessary wallpapering for over 38 years. My ex husband even bought me a wallpapering table for my birthday!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 10:29 PM

I used to love papering but never liked painting.
I emulsion now, it is easier because my eyesight isn't what it was and climbing a ladder while holding paper can be difficult.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2014, 10:47 PM

I've tried wallpapering in the past and didn't do too well...
Neither hubby nor I have the inclination to bother even trying to do it ourselves nowadays.
We get a man in and pay up.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 07:01 AM

My father used to force me to help with wallpapering, i hate it and have never wallpapered since, so you are not alone Alice.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2014, 07:15 AM

The wife forces me to Wallpaper, I do so under duress.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top